New Member Starting M30 Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Starting M30 Turbo Build

New member on the forum, I was not sure where to post this so here it goes. I'm pretty new the the E30 world so I'm glad I found this site. The last few years I have been in the STI world. Right now I have a 06 STI that is being rebuilt. Long long story so I will cut it short, I was running a VF39 tuneed for E85 putting down about 350hp 375lbtq. Faulty injectors brought about the demise of that motor. The Mrs was not too happy with me for modding a 30k car so a deal has been made. Trade the STI in for a Honda and a project car.

My brother in law has been gathering parts for a E30 M30 Turbo swap for the past six months. He has most everything on hand M30b34 with a fresh head, 260 tranny, updated K27, M5 Flywheel, WarChip etc. All of this will go into a 87 325i he just picked up. About the only things missing are the motor mounts, turbo mani and a clutch. He does not have the time to do the swap... so it looks like I found my project.

Good and Tight with his M30 setup is going to be my inspiration for this project! His setup is amazing! I will post update and pics as we progress.

Jason
    E30 M30B34 Mounts Available
    Email jharb79@gmail.com

cant wait to see where this goes. sounds interesting.

Comment

welcome and can't wait to see your progress! Post pics asap when you get ahold of everything.
      stephenbrody.com

Comment

i am helping my buddy with the same project here in delaware.
        m30 with a holset hx40.
        good luck man, keep us posted with the progress

Comment

Why not use a rocker-arm-less motor? aka dual overhead cams. aka 24-valve.
          Boosting an old 12-valver seems like a tad bit of a waste to me. also the size and weight of that motor, pretty huge and heavy.

I'm only suggesting this because you came from an sti. Go for an m or s52. powers in the 200 range, displacement is similar to the subie and the response is as well.

I'm getting a turbo for my 12 valve but only because it'll soon be swapped with a 24 and i can retain all the turbo parts.

Comment

Vtec?lol,
            The main reason we are goinig to do the M30 is it's on hand ready to go. Reason number two is they are pretty much bomb proff, run about 16psi it's safe for over 400hp. In the end I will add water injection just for the added protection. Reason three a boosted M30 is all about Tq! In that way it is just like my subie, the EJ257 is a Tq monster. The weight disadvantage is not that big, from what I have seen it's around 20lbs more then the M20. This project is going to be a stripped street/track toy so in the long run lbs is not a big factor.
            E30 M30B34 Mounts Available
            Email jharb79@gmail.com

Comment

You should be able to get the motor mounts from Joe Funk.
              Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
              http://raceskids.com/

Comment

Awesome project. Need constant updates and pictures.

Have brand new engine mounts for the b34 into an e30. Drop a pm if interested.

L
                sigpic
                New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Turbo M30's make some serious power, my stock B34 with ARP's, MLS andE85 at 17psi put down 430rwhp and 470rwtq with one fuel pump (my 2nd one died on the way to the dyno)
                  No stock twin cam can touch that power figure at that psi.
                  My car is a gutted street car beating cars that trap 130 in 1/4 mile.
                  You will own the streets for sure and be feared by all.
                  Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ejnight View Post
                    you should be able to get the motor mounts from joe funk.
                    lol

Comment

how much you getting all of that for?

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                      Boosting an old 12-valver seems like a tad bit of a waste to me. also the size and weight of that motor, pretty huge and heavy.

I'm only suggesting this because you came from an sti. Go for an m or s52. powers in the 200 range, displacement is similar to the subie and the response is as well.

I'm getting a turbo for my 12 valve but only because it'll soon be swapped with a 24 and i can retain all the turbo parts.
                      thank you for your useless post
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Tard.
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

lol geesh sorry guys, I'll be sure to post less opinions.

Comment

lol geesh sorry guys, I'll be sure to post less opinions.
                            not really an opinion when you can make good power on it and it only weighs ~25-30lbs more then the m20. He already has all the stuff to put together the m30, why would he waste more money to buy an s52 when he can make good power out of what he has?
                            Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                            every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
                            Originally posted by Jparkr
                            The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
                            87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

How many times are we going to have to go over this?

Originally Posted by george graves
                              M10 = 82kg = 184 lbs
                              M42 = 100kg = 220 lbs
                              S14 = 106kg = 233 lbs
                              M20 = 117kg = 257 lbs
                              M30 = 143kg = 315 lbs
                              M50 = 140kg = 308 lbs
                              S50 = 152kg = 334 lbs

(Taken from here: http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/enumber.html)
                              The M30 isn't heavy - it's just big. It looks big. It's long. It used to be refered to as "BMW's Big Six". It's not going to ruin the balance of any car. Stop being retarded.

:hitler:

Oh and welcome OP!
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X