Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had the choice what would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See my sig.

Comment

Originally posted by farbin kaiber View Post
      see my sig.
      +1

...?

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

I would say to go with an M20 4dr car. That'll get you enough power for around town etc... and if you need to haul people you won't have to avoid going UP hills. lol
        There really isn't much point to having an ix for you, and there is a lot of limitations to them.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
          The 318iS. All of my experience with E30's has been with the I6 M20. I really want an M42 car, and then I want the DASC kit.
          I love my slicktop M42 car. I can't wait til it warms up and I can throw my Kosie/RT-615 combo on and take it to some autoX's.

Nicely balanced, good gas mileage and a hoot to drive.

It's just too bad you can't buy the DASC kit new anymore, from what I understand.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

89 four door.

Ive owned two M42 cars, the motor never grew on me, but theyre fun to toss around. They say they handle better.. Im not a beleiver. As far as the IX goes, well a big reason I drive an e30 is because its cheap to maintain.
            -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
            2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

i'd take the 318is... its cheaper with gas and the engine is great. if you want more hp then put a turbo on the m42 ;)
              *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

I voted IX. A plastic bumpered sleeper saloon with a big ole' turbo and show those sti's who's boss!

Comment

none of the above.
                  I would wait to find a nice '90+ 2 door 325i or

Comment

318is from what you describe in your post.
                    Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
                    http://raceskids.com/

Comment

I voted 4dr 325i because it has the M20, but I would rather have a 2dr
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

'89 325is... best combination of factory equipment.

plastic bumpered 325ix... best snow car and a little different (do you get snow in norcal?)
                        e30sport.net
                        '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                        '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                        '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

318is in norcal

Comment

325is

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

318iS - lovely responsive front-end (steering is great... once you replace all the shit that has fucked out over the last 20-25 years). I think one of those as a gutted thrashbucket would be a world of fun and something you could re-shell easily if you ever bent it. I'd go 2dr, too, as I don't like the look of the 4drs and I think they weigh a bit more too.

I'd do every spec of the suspension, rip most of the trim/AC/etc out to get weight down, add a decent LSD and probably a Euro M52 (lighter block) with S50 cams to keep weight off the nose, but add twin-cam six-cylinder zing. You could also build a good turbo M42 for similar coin.
                              Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

I voted IX. It's something different, and cool. An '80's AWD stickshift sports car? Its kinda like the German grandfather of STI's in my mind. Either way, it's a very cool car. I understand the arguments for the others, but I think iX's are really, really cool. And, you have the M3, which is the pinnacle of what the 318is strives to be.

And, if you were taking your friends out for a ride, would you really stuff all of them in a 4-door E30? Many on here do and I would have no problem with it, but I think you've moved beyond that just a little bit...
                                sigpic89 M3

Comment

Working...
                                X