Rear Subframe Bushings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Subframe Bushings.

How much do you think it would cost to have this done at a shop. I need them done soon, and it's to fuckin cold out to tackle this any time soon.

Any ideas? I'll be buying the part just need the labor.

I'm gunna guess around the 350-400 mark.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Probably as much as labor to do wheel bearings if not more. Call the dealer and ask, make sure you are sitting down when you get an estimate lol
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      Probably as much as labor to do wheel bearings if not more. Call the dealer and ask, make sure you are sitting down when you get an estimate lol
      Well, that really sucks. I need them done really bad. I just can't imagine working on something like that in this weather. I can barely stand outside to smoke, let alone do the rear sf bushings.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

You don't know anyone that would let you use their garage or shop space for the day?

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
          You don't know anyone that would let you use their garage or shop space for the day?
          I can't really say I do. I don't personally know anybody that has one. This is a real bummer. These need replaced badly before something awful happens to my car.

Where the hell can I find this tool? This things amazing!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Found it, at 255 dollars, it would almost be worth it. Make an all day job into a hour or two.

What do you guys think?
          Last edited by HarryPotter; 01-11-2010, 07:21 PM.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

subscribed for more information.

what symptoms are you experiencing?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
              subscribed for more information.

what symptoms are you experiencing?
              Clunking when shifting. Seems to be from loading up the bushings and then lettin em loose. They don't look to hot either. I don't think a single bushings been replaced since 1987. I narrowed it down to those, my guibo is fine, drive shaft is perky, and the CSB is good. Everything seems fine.

And while rippin around corners the back end just doesn't feel tight. Feels more or less like it "follows" the front and not in tandem. I could probably use new trailing arm bushings too. If I get it done at a shop, the trailing arm bushings will get done also.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

wow, wouldn't mind buying one....anyone near miami wanna go halfsies?

Comment

Based on information I have gathered with the help of google, it looks like it would be around 500 including parts. God damn that is steep.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                    I can't really say I do. I don't personally know anybody that has one. This is a real bummer. These need replaced badly before something awful happens to my car.

Where the hell can I find this tool? This things amazing!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Found it, at 255 dollars, it would almost be worth it. Make an all day job into a hour or two.

What do you guys think?
                    Please post in the Brakes,Subfame and Arms section of this forum. and im only bringing it up because i care and that's what friends are for.

The tool would be worth it if you rented it out after you bought it

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                      Please post in the Brakes,Subfame and Arms section of this forum. and im only bringing it up because i care and that's what friends are for.

The tool would be worth it if you rented it out after you bought it
                      Sorry about that. I didn't even think about it. Thanks though.

Ya I would just hope whomever it is lent to returns it in one piece. Not trying to settle paypal lawsuits here.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

magic?

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                          magic?
                          Only goes so far. Subframe bushings are that fucking big of a pita.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

I got a subframe already clean, and ready for bushings.
                            Send your bushings to me, I will install and send the frame to you.

If your gonna drop your frame that far to remove the bushings. Why not just unbolt the dif and trailing arms?
                            I mean its an extra 8 bolts and maybe 45 min at most?

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                              I got a subframe already clean, and ready for bushings.
                              Send your bushings to me, I will install and send the frame to you.

If your gonna drop your frame that far to remove the bushings. Why not just unbolt the dif and trailing arms?
                              I mean its an extra 8 bolts and maybe 45 min at most?
                              I can't say I've ever tackled something like this. I've done a lot of big motor work but nothing really with the suspension. Besides struts/coils.

I'm still contemplating dropping the big bones on having my local european shop do it. The guy that works there is pretty kick ass. Helped me fix my first e30 for free.

I also need it done soon, and working in this weather florida has been having would be a nightmare. We havent been over 60 in 10 days. It's fuckin florida. I get cold when its below 70.

I dunno, shits kinda pissin me off. If it was summer I'd be all for it, but with school and not much time for me to be car less. It's a tough decision. Because I know I could do it.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                              X