Goodbye Cheap Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Cheap Tires

Gone into effect and a lot of really cheap tires are now gone (at least for a while).

Personally, I enjoyed not losing my ass on getting a set of extra tires.

I never had made in China tires. Except possible on the wheel barrow.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
      I never had made in China tires. Except possible on the wheel barrow.
      the wheel barrow tires often go flat :giggle:

Comment

Diamondback, Nankang, Nexen, Warrior, BCT are just few that I could think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
          Diamondback, Nankang, Nexen, Warrior, BCT are just few that I could think of.
          All great tires.........
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I have enjoyed a set or two of good all-season cheapness when I'm broke, but in general I tend towards faux-autocross tires anyway (RT615, RS2/3, Z1 SS, XS, etc). I got my set of Federal Formoza FD1 cheapo tires in 195/60R14 for $41 apiece IIRC, and my set of RT615s for $200 total. The FD1s don't handle like complete pieces of shit, but they aren't exactly the most fun thing to drive on unless you like transferring your tires to the pavement.

Comment

good thing I buy bridgestones 90% of the time and they are Made in the USA.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Just started selling new tires at my work called Starfire tires...They look like crap,and they're made in china. Haven't heard anything bad about them yet, but I wouldn't put them on my car.

1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

it's like everyone our government failed history class or something. I hope they all get voted out this year.

that said, I won't really miss nangkang tires.. but the guys who like to stretch 185 tires on a 10" wheel might.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I assume you are referring to the chicken war/chicken tax, on cheap vw mini trucks.

if so your right, it was not that long ago, and everyone in congers should remember it them selves. realize that we are still feeling the repercussions from it.
                    Originally posted by nando View Post
                    it's like everyone our government failed history class or something. I hope they all get voted out this year.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

the only reason I'm upset is that I need a pair of tires to get me through the next few months. I went to my tire shop hoping to get them for $80 like always, and suddenly he tells me that the only tires he has are $100 each on my size. Bullshit.

Comment

Nankang = Taiwan, and they're regarded pretty high qual here in Europe.

Comment

My nankangs are fine for my needs and power :(

i <3 cheap rubber

Comment

My E30 is rollin on pirelli tires.
                            Originally posted by e30e
                            lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

I put on the best I can afford at tire change time lol. I hate cheap/hard rubber.

Simple fact is that most people(normal people, not into cars) hardly notice the difference in cheap rubber.
                              Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                              every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
                              Originally posted by Jparkr
                              The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
                              87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

Working...
                              X