Auto vs 5spd. Which is worth more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto vs 5spd. Which is worth more

I have an 88 e30 vert. Good black top, very nice black leather. The car has 77k original miles. I am trying to figure out which would be worth more-if t was auto or if it was a manual. Any body want to throw in their 2 cents? I think manual but I only like manual cars in any car:roll:

Manual. No one likes autotragics.
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

If the person buying it wants a 100% original car and it was converted to manual from automatic, they might see it as being worth less.

Manual trans is the mostly preferred trans though.
      Originally posted by cabriodster87
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
      Originally posted by Kershaw
      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

5spd. How is this a question?
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

in newer cars, manual cost more than auto even though they have the same everything. should be the same thing for older cars
          PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

atumatic id say..

Comment

It's "worth" whatever someone will pay for it. If you're looking to sell it, leave it alone and let the seller convert it if they want. If you plan on keeping it and want a 5 spd, convert it. Simple as that.

Comment

auto for the public
                5 speed for the enthusiast
                88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
                85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

automatics are for trucks and volvos ;-)
                  '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

If you only have one leg or are lazy auto is worth more, otherwise I prefer manual myself.
                    -Andy

Comment

On this forum a 5 speed is worth more, but to the general public an auto is more appealing. Women do not generally like driving a manual as they have their minds on other things like putting on makeup while driving, a much more complicated feat than pushing the go pedal. Also new drivers can be intimidated with just being behind the wheel let alone learning how to shift properly. If you ever think you will have to sell your car then leave it alone. On the other hand, if the car is having tranny issues already, then it might be worthwhile doing the swap. If the car needs a new motor, then a 24v swap and tranny would be the ticket. I always say don't find ways to spend your money, as generally there are enough of those situations that seem to drain your wallet anyway!
                      The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

i am slapping in a motor i just rebuilt for the car and figured i might swap it since i have all the part already, but the car is getting sold after the instal and a detail so i may just leave that auto in there.

Comment

'on this forum a 5 speed id worth more'

yea but an e30 is worth a lot less here than anywhere else too:o

honestly i prefer my automatic....
                          ok a manual is much more fun, but this thing is my car, not just my toy. i use it to get me places daily, and those places are usually crowded(traffic).
                          i sit in stop and go traffic a LOT, a manual is not fun in that.

plus i am REALLY lazy too. and why do i care what tranny this slow car has?

Comment

dude no one wants auto e30s
                            Josh

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159843

Comment

Originally posted by Naplm00 View Post
                              auto for the public
                              5 speed for the enthusiast
                              that was my thought

Comment

Working...
                              X