318is vs 325i What do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318is vs 325i What do you prefer?

I am looking for my very first E30 and looking for some input. The only E30 I have really seen is dude8383's 318is, but he has done so much work to it that its a different beast all together. My question is how noticeable is the performance difference between a stock 318is and a stock 325i? If you had to pick between lets say a '90 325i and '91 318is - both for same price and roughly same condition, which one would you get? I am looking for a car to cruise around in and play around with. It will not be my DD, more of a weekend toy. I am not planning to do any major performance upgrades besides a chip and may be some minor stuff that dude8383 will recommend.

Thanks any input!
    My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Not this sh1t again...
    sigpic
    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

All else equal, I'd take the 325i for the added power. Of course, you can add a whole lot more power on top of that. ;)
      Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
        Not this sh1t again...
        Now I feel guilty for playing. :p
        Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

Comment

318is its a gokart

Comment

325i

IMHO, the M42 needs more supercharger.

Comment

What the Doctor said..

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

m42

Comment

its all in what you want.

if you want: gokart, nimble, sick exhaust sound at 6500-7000rpms, thrash around in and out of every single intersection or curve in the redline all day long over and over again with out to many problems- 318i/is

if you want: even powerband thats stronger, classic exhaust note, little less nimble stock to stock, sick 1-2-3 burnouts, and broken rocker arms ;) - 325i/is
                  sigpic

Comment

Fuck it bro is it even really a question? Get the inline six over the four banger. That is my opinion. And stop worrying about what other people would do, just do your fuckin thing. /thread.

oh and search and do more research, i'm sure there are 100's of "m42 318is vs. 325is" threads. Not trying to be rude but i'm a little drunk and am appalled you would ask such a question.
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

i prefer my m42 over an m20 anyday. these cars dont need much to move.

the 318 isnt going to win any drags thats for sure, but its a much better drivers car.

Comment

M10 318i
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                          M10 318i
                          thats a real mans car.

have you heard you can trade them for an e30 m3 these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                            M10 318i
                            Oh yea!

With the M42, you are very much involved in the conservation of momentum and when the little beast wakes up in the higher RPS's it's a blast. I'm sure the M20 is much more relaxed but the M42 can make you grow devil horns and act like an ass in traffic as you cut and slash your way through thousands of Lemmings in shiny metal boxes.

John
                            Last edited by harv; 03-04-2010, 08:49 PM. Reason: added content
                            The Revolution will not be televised.

Comment

i just bought a 318is and having never driven one i dont mind threads like this. im not sure when ill get the car but im looking forward to it after driving an e24 all winter
                              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X