E30 Recaro owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Recaro owners...

What do you guys need for your stock recaro's? We have already developed new diaphragms and jackets for mk2 recaro's along with ls's and were currently working on model c's.

IIRC your seat diaphragms are different then most recaros, can anyone confirm this? If they are different we would be willing to trade one of our upgraded diaphragms for a stock e30 example.

Thanks for your time :thumbup:

Example of our mk2 recaro / ls / model c diaphragms (military grade canvas, industrial strength rubberized webbing, triple stitched.. )

----- www.jjcustominterior.com -----
    We specialize in Recaro restoration!

My buddy ricksloan needs new straps or that fancy canvas thing for his e21 recaros... Could you please PM him about this?
    sigpic

Comment

There are maybe a handfull of true recaro seats that came in US spec e30's. Most(>98%) of the e30 seats were made by bmw and differ in function and build to that of real recaros. I could use a set of those seat canvas for my e21 recaros. how much do they run?
      -Dan

Comment

is that his name on here? Does he have the original piece still?

Comment

Originally posted by bejbis View Post
          There are maybe a handfull of true recaro seats that came in US spec e30's. Most(>98%) of the e30 seats were made by bmw and differ in function and build to that of real recaros. I could use a set of those seat canvas for my e21 recaros. how much do they run?
          45 shipped per side. 85 for two. We also offer a lifetime warranty with them. These are made to survive just about anything short of a car fire.

Comment

Also just so its known this wasnt meant to be a fs thread but rather us trying to develop new products.

What do the stock e30 "recaro style" seats use for a lower insert support?

Comment

I have a e30 bottom seat id be willing to send ya if you want it. But its not canvas like the recaros, there's really nothing you can make to do it better. the e21 recaros use the same under webbing as the mk2 recaros.

e21 recaro picture for refrence.
              -Dan

Comment

can anybody get me a pic of what was used on the e30 bottoms? I think the e28 diaphragms may actually be a different size then the mk2's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by a2coupe2a View Post
                  Also just so its known this wasnt meant to be a fs thread but rather us trying to develop new products.

What do the stock e30 "recaro style" seats use for a lower insert support?

They are supported by the bottom cusion, in conjunction with bent wire used as a spring type support, much like any other stockish seat. I can take pictures of it when i get back to the house later tonight, i think i have a seat bottom without the fabric/foam on it.

Btw i think you PMed me a while back on the tex about a mk2 8v turbo kit i had fs. You still want it?
                  -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by a2coupe2a View Post
                    can anybody get me a pic of what was used on the e30 bottoms? I think the e28 diaphragms may actually be a different size then the mk2's as well.
                    Sigh.... we should really take this to PM or aim. i have a set of e28 'recaro style' seats as well. im 95% sure the fabric and cushions of the e28 is the same as the e30. however the base and how it bolts to the car are different, but it still uses the e30 type of 'diaphragms', just some bent wire used as a spring. If you need i can take a picture of those and some measurements for comparison.

EDIT: dont confuse the e21 recaros with the e28/e30 seats. The e28 and e30's are almost identical. If you are unsure that your webbing will work on e21 recaros, cut me a deal on a pair and i will throw them on my seats and let you know. I replaced the webbing on my e21's with some cut up seatbelts, they work fine for me for now, however the passenger seat is a bit firmer than the drivers because of uneven tension. that sort of bothers me.

p.s. im a bit of a seat whore. ive had several sets of e30/e28/e21 seats, as well as mk2 recaros, both the trophies/cloth as well as corrado seats, and have taken them all apart at one point or another.
                    Last edited by bejbis; 03-06-2010, 03:51 PM.
                    -Dan

Comment

oh trust me when it comes to seats im about the biggest whore you will find i just dont have any bmw specific stuff.

Ill shoot you an im soon.

Comment

how much for the piece that hold persons weight? the webbing or what not...the peice attached by metal clips...

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

If your talking about the diaphragm as pictured above (green with strips) they are $45 a side shipped with a lifetime warranty. Only problem is that they are for a mk2 vw style recaro and i havent test fit them to any bmw specific seats. Thats kind of what this thread was about.

Comment

I'm the guy mentioned above.

Now that diaphragm replaces my current 3 straps on my e21 recaros?

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                              I'm the guy mentioned above.

Now that diaphragm replaces my current 3 straps on my e21 recaros?
                              thats what im trying to figure out.

Comment

Working...
                              X