2011 m5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 m5

2011 BMW M5 isn't quite ready for showrooms yet, but our spies have recently spotted the grandaddy sport sedan out testing, this time in the hands of the Pirelli folks (hence the different wheel and tire packages).

We're really growing quite fond of the M5's shape in the F10 5 Series body, and we're sure that the rumored 578-horsepower, twin-turbo V8 under the hood will put smiles on our faces as well. BMW has yet to confirm when we'll actually see the production-ready M5, but we'll eat our hats if the supersedan doesn't make an appearance at this year's Paris Motor Show. In the meantime, all we can do is lust, and you can do the same by clicking through our gallery of high-res shots below.
    Autoblog

What do you guys think? Personally, I like the direction BMW is going with as far as design.
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

looks like the current 3 series i like it though, it's grown on me

Powered By Ford

Comment

looking at it, the only word that comes to mind is bloated.
      Originally posted by Lof8
      4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
      therefore, their value is much greater.
      Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

yea... looks heaaavvvy!
        NASA
        BMWCCA member
        PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
        1997 M3 sedan
        2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Originally posted by e30s50dan View Post
          yea... looks heaaavvvy!
          like a mini version of a mini van with a trunk.
          Originally posted by Lof8
          4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
          therefore, their value is much greater.
          Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

I'm really glad they changed the terrible headlights of the current 5...

Comment

It does look quite bulky, but in a 5 series, that's not something I'm really concerned about. :p
              Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
              Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Heavy or not i think it looks fantastic!

Dave
                E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Much better than the last generation of Bimmers. Im so glad they let that flame-surfacing shit go. Yes, it revolutionized car design, but it was nasty. Now if they could only bring the waistline down so all cars didnt look do bulky/heavy!! Shit the e38 was a heavy car but it looked fucking sleak and trim.

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                  1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                  1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                    Much better than the last generation of Bimmers. Im so glad they let that flame-surfacing shit go. Yes, it revolutionized car design, but it was nasty. Now if they could only bring the waistline down so all cars didnt look do bulky/heavy!! Shit the e38 was a heavy car but it looked fucking sleak and trim.
                    Good point.
                    E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

I enjoy it.

Totally agree, CleanAzze30z! The issue comes about from England IIRC... they were attempting to make it "safer" for a pedestrian in the event of a car hitting them. Thus the higher waiste line so the hood can be a full 4+" taller than the top of the engine. Supposedly this helps a pedestrian not smack his head on the block via close hood to engine ratios. Somehow they've determined this is the leading cause of fatal pedestrian vs. car incidents.

I figured it was the human vs. car weight ratio's that caused death when you nailed a poor or stupid pedestrian. Silly me ;)
                      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

You guys think that looks bloated? Have you not seen the E60? I do like the E60, but that thing makes this look like an anorexic ethiopian kid.

Matt
                        Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                        I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                        Originally posted by chadthestampede
                        This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Oh yeah. EU regulations for pedestrian safety.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                          1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                          1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Honestly, I couldn't stand the E60 when it came out. It grew on me a lot over the years and now that it's going I feel like it was the most beautiful sedan of the decade . Especially the 550i and the M5.

The thing I cant stand about the new 5 series is the hood, way too many lines on that. The rest of the car is good, I just don't like how BMW is now doing the one sausage, different lengths thing. The previous models all looked different from each other and I loved that idea. I guess they just want to be safe and design something a little more bland.

mtechII 5 lug S50

Comment

looks like an Orca

i dig.
                              Toyota Pickup

Comment

Working...
                              X