Porsche Cayman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche Cayman

The hardtop two-seater will be based on the Boxster model line but endowed with more power, more room and a higher price. It will be outfitted with a mid-mounted 3.4 litre six-cylinder motor capable of 295 horsepower.

that is one ugly butt
    0%
    teh hawt
    0%
    eh, 's ok
    0%
    Grant Wescott
    1991 Sterling Silver 325iX stock (daily driver)
    1991 Black 325i stock (parts)

"Eine Wurst, drei Größe"

:edit: Cayman, in the poll question. oops. Cayane's make me :o
    Grant Wescott
    1991 Sterling Silver 325iX stock (daily driver)
    1991 Black 325i stock (parts)

"Eine Wurst, drei Größe"

Comment

lets wait for real pics instead of artist's rendering.
      BEERTECH

Comment

I've only read bits and pieces about this potential new model from Porsche. Its been well documented by pros, enthusiasts and journalists that the Boxster's mid-motor layout has a handling edge over the bigger/faster/powerful rear-motored 911 (although the new 997s motor has been inched up a bit to improve F/R weight distribution). The hardtop variant of this mid-engine car would be considerably stiffer....yielding even further improvements in its handling advantage and perhaps a tad lighter as well (new Boxster S is roughly 3,000 lbs.). A 3.4L 295bhp flat-6 in that sounds quite promising. Hopefully this will become a reality and not remain a concept idea.

Jon
        Rides...
        1991 325i - sold :(
        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I just hope they make a club sport (GT4?)
          BEERTECH

Comment

I heard they're going to make one(clubsport)... How much are left testicals going for these days?
            "aerodynamics are for those who cannot build engines"
            -Enzo Ferrari

Comment

yeah the boxster set a record time (beat the enzo) in the slalom in the new Road & Track 77.3mph if I can remember right.
              E30 325ix 62k

Comment

my uncle is a PCA instructor in NJ, and when choosing a new car, he looked at the E46 M3, Z06, and Boxster S. Ended up with a Boxster S, because he felt it was the best example of a sports car that met his needs, the Z06 was faster, but not as comfortable on the street (he has a dedicated track car), and the e46 was too heavy.
                BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                X