Has anyone ever twin-screwed the M20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong....!:hitler:

Ok M90 are all over the yards, SC T-birds, Grand-ams, bonnie...
    or Ebay 100 -200 bucks..

Ok I've been thinking about this all day..:roll: and I've come up with what i think is a good plan.. You all can be the judge.

First off I already planned to boost my M20, I have saved the money for the war chip and MAF.. they offer a kit for $599. I even sent an email to
    Brody to make sure the chip would work with the blower.
    That being said I'm a fab guy and run a shop I'm able to build shit like this. I planned on building my own turbo kit: Read here...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170038

So while thinking hard about Jack-N-Coke today at work i came up with an Idea for building the S/C kit. My biggest worry is SMOG.. I do live in SoCal and the smog Nazi's have a strangle hold on this shit here...:???:

OK the plan...
    Get S50 crank pulley (already PMed EricT for his)... Next remove power steering pump and brackets (do delete mod ) also remove air box and AFM. Build mounts and mount Eaton M90 in power steering pump location
    ( order belt from McMaster-Carr).... Build MAF, and Cone filter mount to back of M90... Now fab a plate with tube mount that bolts to top of M90
    Now take the stock filter box and cut hole in bottom of box and remove the filter...( optional: place small inter cooler from Ford SVO 2.3 mustang in box, Cut hole in front and remove high beam light for direct air flow.)
    Now remove trap door from AFM and build mount on front for tube fitment.
    Now place modded air box and AFM back in place, fit turbo style tube fittings between m90 to inter cooler to modded AFM. now hook elc to maf and install war chip.. For the smog Nazi's place stolen afm pigtail you swiped from the yard on afm and tape to harness as if it was stock...
    remove brake booster hose on First port and mount Saab blow off valve you swiped from the yard and point open end down... Now T off the fuel pressure reg hose and run to blow off... now cap brake booster open port..
    booster will still work you have open port still working on throttle body
    .. replace injectors with 19#... start that bitch and here that wine ass you hit the revssssss!;)

if painted all black the smog Nazi's wount even see it, plus with the war chip you leave one of the 4 tunes for smog or stock tune..
    when smogging just flip to #4 and remove belt...

that was easy.....:nice:

I'm going to build this!:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twis ted::twisted:
    Last edited by MonkeyMadness; 05-19-2010, 09:50 PM.
    https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
      Which way would be cheaper? Is there any way to mount a supercharger that way on an e30?
      Cheaper is to keep stock manifold. Easiest to install would be remove.

However-if you take away the stock manifold, you have a 99% chance of killing airflow to the cylinders even with FI. At the same time, packaging a big ass blower in the engine bay with intercooler piping while keeping stock manifold will be a bitch and a half.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
        Wrong....!:hitler:

Ok M90 are all over the yards, SC T-birds, Grand-ams, bonnie...
        or Ebay 100 -200 bucks..

Ok I've been thinking about this all day..:roll: and I've come up with what i think is a good plan.. You all can be the judge.

First off I already planned to boost my M20, I have saved the money for the war chip and MAF.. they offer a kit for $599. I even sent an email to
        Brody to make sure the chip would work with the blower.
        That being said I'm a fab guy and run a shop I'm able to build shit like this. I planned on building my own turbo kit: Read here...
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170038

So while thinking hard about Jack-N-Coke today at work i came up with an Idea for building the S/C kit. My biggest worry is SMOG.. I do live in SoCal and the smog Nazi's have a strangle hold on this shit here...:???:

OK the plan...
        Get S50 crank pulley (already PMed EricT for his)... Next remove power steering pump and brackets (do delete mod ) also remove air box and AFM. Build mounts and mount Eaton M90 in power steering pump location
        ( order belt from McMaster-Carr).... Build MAF, and Cone filter mount to back of M90... Now fab a plate with tube mount that bolts to top of M90
        Now take the stock filter box and cut hole in bottom of box and remove the filter...( optional: place small inter cooler from Ford SVO 2.3 mustang in box, Cut hole in front and remove high beam light for direct air flow.)
        Now remove trap door from AFM and build mount on front for tube fitment.
        Now place modded air box and AFM back in place, fit turbo style tube fittings between m90 to inter cooler to modded AFM. now hook elc to maf and install war chip.. For the smog Nazi's place stolen afm pigtail you swiped from the yard on afm and tape to harness as if it was stock...
        remove brake booster hose on First port and mount Saab blow off valve you swiped from the yard and point open end down... Now T off the fuel pressure reg hose and run to blow off... now cap brake booster open port..
        booster will still work you have open port still working on throttle body
        .. replace injectors with 19#... start that bitch and here that wine ass you hit the revssssss!;)

if painted all black the smog Nazi's wount even see it, plus with the war chip you leave one of the 4 tunes for smog or stock tune..
        when smogging just flip to #4 and remove belt...

that was easy.....:nice:

I'm going to build this!:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twis ted::twisted:
        One thing I do love about KY, no inspection
        Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
        every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
        Originally posted by Jparkr
        The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
        87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

i wanna see pictures and details!

Comment

Working...
          X