garage flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garage flooring

guys need your input real quick. Im going to do my garage floor and am thinking of getting either black and white or all black or black and red squares. walls are going to be white with BMW posters framed and hung around the walls. so help me make the right choice in foor color and desgin. should I do a solid color (black) or go for the checkerd flag with black and red or black and white

keep in mind the car is red.

here is a sample of what im talking about:

Black and White
    64.29%
    Black and Red
    3.57%
    All Black
    14.29%
    isnt a garage for lawnmowers and trash?
    17.86%

Black. Your car will be the jewel in the box. Don't get it too busy.
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

I say light gray, to increase natural brightness, and to be able to find fasteners after you drop them.

But out of the choices, black and white looks the best imo. All black would darken the garage too much.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        I say light gray, to increase natural brightness, and to be able to find fasteners after you drop them.

But out of the choices, black and white looks the best imo. All black would darken the garage too much.
        Im thinking light gray too right now... and I think it would be easier to keep clean and maintain the look.

Comment

Go with black and white. My garage:

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Ill be goin with Black and white when I do mine
            88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
            85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

light grey/dark grey

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by YAN-3 View Post
                Im thinking light gray too right now... and I think it would be easier to keep clean and maintain the look.
                FWIW I'm re-doing mine light gray, easier to spot leaks and such, find things that have fallen. Plus, you can get away with it being a little dirty, doesn't show very much.

sigpic

Comment

the more pics i look at online the more im leaning towards gray

Comment

Yan, dont do it any light color. Gets dirty quick. I made that mistake.I want to change it soon.
                    Looks great when it's clean but a few days later everything shows.

Last edited by archie; 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM. Reason: to add a photo
                    88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                    89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                    56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
                    www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

a spekled gray with some mettallic flakes in it of some sort. looks great when done up right, especially on treated concrete. only thing bad about it, its slicker than a babys ass when even close to wet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post

I say our gay Asian home decorator has the right idea here.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
                        No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Yan, invite me over when you're in the process of doing it and when you're finished :)
                          I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                          2875-C Towerview Road
                          Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Do you want to hide stains or have really good light reflection?

I'd go with white/light grey because I hate not being able to see.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

wood
                              Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X