This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m20 stroker project....for real now

I'll be posting some pictures as I go..., here is phase 1 (teardown)
    going from stock engine to 3.2L with totally worked head(cam,peened rockers,SS valves,porting,)ported intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, lighened "e" flywheel w/oversize clutch, BB throttle body, oversize AF meter and more probably.
    I am predicting about 250HP at the crank @ 11.5:1 compression
    pictures will arrive as I can become more comp. literate and figure out how to get them on this website.
    [/img]http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODA0NTIxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg[img]
    [/img]http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODA0NTE4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg[img]
    [/img]http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODA0NTIwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg[img]
    [/img]http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODA0NTE5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg[img][/img]

www.dynotechonline.com

you need to put those images on the web
    try imageshack

then put the links to the pics in the img brackets, you've got the right idea just need to upload them to the web first.

Comment

You need to upload your photos to a website like

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Get the best of SEO, content writing, and content marketing services from industry experts. With our proven strategy and years experience target the right kind of keywords and audience.

http://www.photobucket.com/ etc,etc..

Comment

Re: m20 stroker project

sorry. couldn't figure out the picture thing, if someone wants to email me, I can send the pictures that way and maybe someone could post them for me. I just know how to build cars.

www.dynotechonline.com

Comment

lol sounds like me a while back..

I for one am looking forward to seeing those pics!!

Comment

Here:

(Click on Thumbnail)

Comment

11.5:1 CR? You realize you are going to need to run 105+ OCT fuel or you will detonate right?

92/93 OCT isn't going to work with that.
              Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
              https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

that statement might be somewhat exagerrated. plenty of production cars are running 11:1 and run fine on 93. 105+ is a little bit of a stretch, senor jet fuel.
                sigpic

Comment

3.2L 250HP M20?

ummmm what?

Comment

To build all that and choke it with an AFM would be a waste.

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                    '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                    '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                    SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd
                      that statement might be somewhat exagerrated. plenty of production cars are running 11:1 and run fine on 93. 105+ is a little bit of a stretch, senor jet fuel.
                      and those cars have knock sensors, giving the ECU the ability to retard timing as needed to use low grade fuel.

m20's do not have knock sensors
                      Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                      https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                        Originally posted by e30sd
                        and those cars have knock sensors, giving the ECU the ability to retard timing as needed to use low grade fuel.

m20's do not have knock sensors
                        There are soem kits that has knock sensors, sticky them in the block and the mini ecu is interfaced with the main ECU or somehtign and will retard if it detects knock.

Anyways 11.5:1 is possible for 93 gas pump but I think the combustion chamber doesn't help much in this engine.
                        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

the M20 combustion chamber is not very well designed, it's prone to hot spots = detonation.

are you really going to use an AFM? I hope not..
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6
                            Anyways 11.5:1 is possible for 93 gas pump but I think the combustion chamber doesn't help much in this engine.
                            No, it's not possible without detonation on 93 pump gas. You should also upgrade the flywheel to a 325i one at the least instead of using a lightened eta flywheel.

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
                            '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
                            Strictly Eta

Comment

Reguarding the high compression issue, believe me when I say I have studied this out very well and have a very thorough understanding of of the m20 and the cause and effects of detonation. Metric Mechanic is doing all my head work, I don't know if anyone is familiar with a service they have a patent on called surface turbulance,(a series of grooves in the combustion chamber(head and valves,))but this should illiminate any detonation issues as well as retain my stock injectors and fuel pressure regulator. For furthur aid we have also had these pistons especially made with surface turbulance actually on them.
                              Reguarding the issue that all you are all whining about with the AFM, I think they work great, and One from a big six will more than compensate. To further prove this theory, I have run my car on a dyno with no intake ducting at all from the throttle body and only gained 5 HP at the very top of the curve for like 200 RPMs. So if all these intake companies are claiming more than this by just changing to a "high flow air filter" I think its all just a bunch of excuses to spend more money on stuff that sounds high tech and modern. I will still do whatever to get this to run right If any of my calculations are wrong, but I think you'll all be suprised how simmple it can be done. ;)
                              And the thing about the flywheel, I need the ETA flywheel to run a larger clutch, the way its going to be lightened and the friction area increased, this is the only possible way.

www.dynotechonline.com

Comment

Working...
                              X