No announcement yet.

My 2010 Travels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pics and narrative, mang. Subscribed.
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Hey, thanks guys. As long as theres interest, ill keep posting along the way.

Not sure if i mentioned it already, but i took a job at a local Hostel here in Istanbul, working the night shift. I've met alot of cool people already from all over the place. Really glad to have this opportunity and to be spending this time here.

We taught this swiss couple how to play backgammon

Ibrahim, on the right, is the day shift guy, and usually takes out some guests for a night on the town a few times a week. On the left is a cool dude from NYC.

Mustafa, works on a cargo ship for a few months at a time, in port for the week.

Beautiful Slavena, from Bulgaria, in town for an International Law conference

Matt, with friends from Cali, celebrated his 25th bday here

And just some randoms
      Lip and poke...

Lotsa lotsa cats all over the place here

Istiklal Street is a pedestrian traffic only street, lots of shopping, eating, bars, movie theaters, bars, food, and tourists, lol. Busy place, a must for any visitor, and only 20 meters from my hostel. "christmas" lights are there year round and on every night. The street is lively until wee hours of the morning.

Lastly, is my buddy that I named Chilli, cause he's just so chill. Stray dogs are very common here as well, and Istanbul does a great job of keeping tabs on them. There are all (most of them) tagged and vaccinated.

Chilli happens to hang out at the bus stop i'm a regular at everyday, and usually waits with me until i'm picked up. Its weird, actually. Turkey has all these stray dogs that I would never ever fear, completely harmless, rarely bother people, just mind their own biz, and yet you should see how afraid of dogs some turkish people are, it cracks me up.

Alright folks. Have a good one.
      *oh, and yes, there are a handfull of E30's out here, mostly stock and euro-bumpered of course. Theyre so purrty.
      turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
      Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

I like Slavena and Chilli. In different ways though.

Comment

damn look at those pictures. beautiful.. I missed Istanbul fck.

my mother is leaving this Tuesday to Istanbul so if you need anything from here let me know.

(martilara simit atman gerek :) )

Comment

Yo! Small update. Things are going the same.

Before going out one night. **Note, tequila in istanbul is cheap, it rocked my head the next morning

Chloe from France

Joanna from Polska, Anthony from Brooklyn, and me

Two videos i took while on the ferry boat to the Prince`s islands

Little jam session
            turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

travels

W/ some of these lovely chicas...I hope youve fallen in love a few times!!!!!!
              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                W/ some of these lovely chicas...I hope youve fallen in love a few times!!!!!!
                Hehe, let's just say i'll be making a trip to Holland very soon :)
                turk@gutenparts.com

Comment

Great pics and story Turk. I guess you didn't have fun at my wedding.. Didn't see any pics :) Keep us posted. What is going on NL?
                  www.gutenparts.com

San Francisco will be represented at GFEST 2011 :letitout:

Comment

Working...
                  X