No announcement yet.

Tools Baby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite tool set (other then Snap-On) is Proto. They make a nice tool. Nice and smooth feeling with a very slender build.

With Craftsman, I feel like I am working with tools from big land on Mario. Overly beefy and just uncomfortable to use.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
      With Craftsman, I feel like I am working with tools from big land on Mario. Overly beefy and just uncomfortable to use.
      If you spend the extra money and get the pro series wrenches and ratchets you dont have that problem. I hate the standard wrenchs and ratchets.

But anyway with matco cant go wrong.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve
        Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
        If you spend the extra money and get the pro series wrenches and ratchets you dont have that problem. I hate the standard wrenchs and ratchets.

But anyway with matco cant go wrong.
        I was just going to say that.
        The Craftsman Professional Series is great. Sears is next to my work, so it would be easy to exchange any broken tools.
        I have yet to break a socket or wrench bigger than 10mm.

Charlie, Like I said earlier, it would be difficult for me to spend that kind of cash on tools when I work that the dealer. At an independant you would totally spend that much, but you have to work on a broader spectrum of cars.

Jon- my 5k of matco tools got me 71 tools (some are sets). Thats a tool box, air tools, hammers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, special tools (torx drivers, ratcheting screwdrivers, ect), 9 different ratchets, 2 torque wrenches, a cooling system pressure tester, vacuum gauge, inspection mirror/pick sets, locking and regular extensions, chisels/punches, socket/tool holders and dividers, pliers and cutters, brake micrometer, temp sensors for A/C, pole jack, and a few others I can't think of off hand.
        Not a bad selection for the $$.
        True, I could have gone to sears and spent less than half as much, but I am in this for the long haul and I wanted the best toolbox and the best basic tools to start. I can always go to sears to supplement my selection of tools (which I plan to do anyway) as its easy to go and spend a few bucks there.

We no longer have a Snap-On truck to come around, so thats why I didn't spend the majority of my $ on Snap-On tools.
        '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
        '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
        '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
        iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Ryan
          I have yet to break a socket or wrench bigger than 10mm.
          On a side note a few years ago I blew out an 1 7/8-3/4 drive craftsman :shock: We were busting lose final drive carirers on an old cat D8 dozer. There were 5 of us bouncing on a 4' ratchet with a 15' length of pipe on the end. All the sudden bang and we land in a heap on the floor. We heard the 2 halves bouncing around opposite ends of the shop.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Haha, thats awesome. Even when I do engine work I don't need anything more than my 1/2" Ingersoll Rand Titanium Impact Gun, the thing makes 1000 ft/lbs of torque in reverse!
            '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
            '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
            '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
            iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Ryan
              Haha, thats awesome. Even when I do engine work I don't need anything more than my 1/2" Ingersoll Rand Titanium Impact Gun, the thing makes 1000 ft/lbs of torque in reverse!

Yes that is my next air tool on the list. Still working on a compleat set of tools myself.
              RJ
              P.S. I work in costruction and help in the shop once in a while thats how the previous happend.

William Pitt-

Comment

Since when did snap on stop replacing broken tools? Its nice working in a shop aswell, the snap on guy comes by every week and never asks questions :P

Ill be it, FRICKEN pricy, but they used to be, by far, the best. Some of their patents have since run out and other tool companys are living it up as a result.

Comment

Working...
                X