GF thinks the e30 is too "primitive"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GF thinks the e30 is too "primitive"

actually I have to agree. With the stock chip it barly out-accelerates daily traffic, and drives like an old truck (it's been beautifully maint. with oem parts and all suspension bushings replaced as well as trivetrain work too). I've renamed my car the "Model 3" in relation to the Ford model T ( LOL)

So what about an is250? I linda like them, esp. for the RWD and toyota reliability. Most can be had reasonably cheap, and the auto trannys are pretty reliable (we are moving to Van city in Oct.)/

Any other sporty/nice cars you'd suggest?

Originally posted by Stanley Rockefeller View Post
    actually I have to agree. With the stock chip it barly out-accelerates daily traffic, and drives like an old truck (it's been beautifully maint. with oem parts and all suspension bushings replaced as well as trivetrain work too). I've renamed my car the "Model 3" in relation to the Ford model T ( LOL)

So what about an is250? I linda like them, esp. for the RWD and toyota reliability. Most can be had reasonably cheap, and the auto trannys are pretty reliable (we are moving to Van city in Oct.)/

Something wrong with your car, I keep up with daily traffic just fine.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

There are minivans that are faster then e30's, I see what he is saying. My solution was to put an s50 in mine though.

Comment

you must have the crank window model.. i would not say the e30 is primitive

toyotas are great. my family has an 07 avalon with ~120K on it. ZERO problems since day of purchase. and as far as the accelerator problem goes. 58/58 of the vehicles toyota tested indicated driver error
        Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

Ive been thinking about a new car too but for the cost of a few car payments, I can do so much to my e30s....which I plan on doing. 8-)

COTM

Comment

Not sure if its a troll thread or not but... You know where this will wind up.

Your girl officially has the whip on you, or theres some sugar in the tank. I cringe at the thought of driving an auto.
            -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
            2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockefeller View Post

do you have a 318? and if so what year? people yell at me for driving too fast in traffic... in my 325iC and even more in my 325es
              my car does more than most new cars. i have Temp, time, mpg, avg mph, heated seats, power top, power door locks+remote, power windows, power steering, cruise control, air bag... beat that with a POS new Corolla!
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

BMW e46
                Audi A3, A4, A5,

I like the Audi's a lot more than the Lexus IS.

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
                i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
                 - my friend, Número Veintiséis

Comment

on another note, you are going to get a Lexus Is250? really? You should think about turning in your man card. It's a nice car, but not for a guy.
                  Time for a new GF
                  Last edited by trackjunkie21; 09-10-2010, 12:41 PM.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                  VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

^ thats the spirit.
                    -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                    2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

my car can push harder than most cars out here in LA.

the problem is that my car sounds like im pushing it. when actually im not.

in sure the other car are pushing it. just that cars are made so quiet now that you can hardly tell they are trying
                      ]

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                        on another note, you are going to get a Lexus Is250? really? You should think about turning in your man card. It's a nice car, but not for a guy.
                        Yeah, I agree being a female. The new Lexus IS's are very feminine looking. Go for an Audi A3.

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
                        i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."

Comment

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
                          my car can push harder than most cars out here in LA.

the problem is that my car sounds like im pushing it. when actually im not.

in sure the other car are pushing it. just that cars are made so quiet now that you can hardly tell they are trying
                          You have a Fart Muffler? Like the ricers.

Comment

I want to thank my friend/photographer Ray Jugao for giving me permission to use his photo's. Anthony Nguyen met up with Ray to do a photoshoot of Anthony's IS250...and all I gotta say is WOW! Anthony has been working on his IS250 for over a year tracking down various CF…

aside from a big ass they can look sexy as fuck

Comment

It's easy enough to fix the keeping up with traffic thing. My solution was a turbo, and the car is actually pretty quiet now. If you want more luxury and keep the rwd, is250s are good, but not really that fun to drive. The old IS300s can be had cheap and are pretty nice, but a lot were abused. I second the vote for picking up a newer Audi, if that's what it comes to.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X