No announcement yet.

GF thinks the e30 is too "primitive"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A worthwhile girl doesn't give a shit about your car..
    Replacing an e30 with a Lexus?
    tsk tsk..

Comment

before i grenaded my 2.7i, i could easily keep up with traffic if not exceed the pace with the S3.73 in the rear end...

something is wrong with your car.
      My feedback:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
      @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

There's no accounting for taste, especially when it comes to cars. Around here, all the guys driving IS250s have blonde highlights in their hair, shower in aftershave, and couldn't find their turn signal if it was grafted onto their johnson. I'm not saying it's a bad car... I've never driven one. I'm just saying.

I actually don't see your GF being the problem here, since you seem to agree with her. But I would think long and hard about that decision to get an IS250. If you desire a mellower, more detached ride why not an E46?
        Mike

82 Alfa Spider (For Sale)
        86 944 Turbo
        87 CX25 TRD Turbo2
        89 405 Mi16
        89 Milano Verde
        89 Mondial t Coupe
        92 300D

Comment

i weave in and out of traffic in my m42....something is wrong with ur car

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
            Listen to the hammerhead.
            Do it. Get a E34 ladies love that shit.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by zebrafantastic View Post
              you must have the crank window model.. i would not say the e30 is primitive

toyotas are great. my family has an 07 avalon with ~120K on it. ZERO problems since day of purchase. and as far as the accelerator problem goes. 58/58 of the vehicles toyota tested indicated driver error
              I've been in a lexus where the accelerator has gotten stuck and it was fuckin scary, we were doing 100 before he could pull the accelerator back up with his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
                You cant keep up with traffic? You must have an auto 318. In the 325, i can outdrive almost anything, and whip any new car in a twisty road. Maybe add a chip, full exhaust, and a turbo... Or just a new GF... unless your getting it daily, then keep her for a little while longer.
                Haha, yeah, your 80's car is faster and handles better then all cars 20 years newer... I don't think so buddy. Even on coilovers with good tires there are plenty of cars that will out handle mine.

Comment

So your GF is critical of your 'primitive' E30? If she really likes you for who you are, she wouldn't care if you drove a '73 Ford F series truck with no A/C and mismatched tires.
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

You can get a newer car, but I guarantee you will miss the e30 and come back eventually.
                    My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

toyota = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

LOL thanks for the replies guys.
                        Actually, it's for my 88 325is with stick. I've loved this car since I got it back in 03. It's only been a summer car, and the GF really likes the way it looks, but honestly it's jsut a little too slow.
                        I'm thinkin it's just the stock chip that's slowin me down. Aside from that the car is drum-tight and handles very well. I just bought 250 worth of new parts incl cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel air and oil filters, and plan on installing them tomorrow to see if I notice any difference in performance. Mind you, this car does still have it's orig wires, and it does run a little lumpy when hot. I'm hoping the wires will help clean up the idle at least and the new fuel filter will give more fuel to the motor (I used to store the car with lost of fuel-stabil in the tank which could be causing a fuel starvation problem due to a partially plugged filter.)

thanks for the help guys, oh and the GF still likes the e30, but consideirng we have to go down to 1 car, I really want the e30 to be it, and not our 03 ZX5. possibly a turbo upgrade in the future?
                        Last edited by Stanley Rockefeller; 09-10-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by call me jack View Post
                          in my experience, no women like e30s
                          My mom likes mine and my dads e30's.

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
                          i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
                           - my friend, Número Veintiséis

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
                            Your girl officially has the whip on you...
                            Ahem! lol, just inhaled my drink after reading this :p

Girl should like you whatever you drive, if it is in fact her trying to persuade you. If it's what you want, then cool, just another e30 one of us can have fun with :D
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Whats that they say about marrying a spanish woman? Hey guilty as charged but the e30 isnt going anywhere. Infact, I might strip the interior and cage it just because Im silly like that.
                              -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                              2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

These cars aren't slow by any means. There fairly peppy for the weight and age. Coming from owning an 89 Bonneville 03 Sunfire, and 2010 Fit (wifes), and growing up with parents who drove Trans-Ams and 442's I know what a fast car is like.

My 88 has power everything, leather interior, and handles pretty decent. My 2010 fit has all those things except leather and cost more than 15 times as much (I got my e30 for 650).

The E30 is an excellent package for price. Slow its is not, a 1.5L civic is slow. The 2.5 is more than capable of putting most ricers in their place, and with a chip and exhaust you've got more power going down to the ground then even the new Scion SC.

If you want a FAST car buy a used C5 Vette. The fastest things about fast cars is how quickly the gas gauge goes down.

Comment

Working...
                                X