Anyone have "Agreed value" car insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have "Agreed value" car insurance

I've got about $11k in my E30 that I would like to get fully paid for in case of total loss. Does anyone here have classic car insurance or "agreed value" car insurance? If so, which companies are a better value?
    sigpic

Yessir. I used to have State Farm with that type of insurance till I got my 4th point. I had to declare the value, substantiate it, and submit photos. This was for my 1976 Cadillac Seville, it's "black book" value was 6k, but I had it insured up to 22k because of the nature of the vehicle. At one point they sent out an agent to see the car also. It's not hard to do, but expect a massive increase in rates.

Comment

And they LIKE to see appraisals, but usually aren't necessary, I think the agent they sent acted as one just to make sure the car wasn't a dump in reality.

Comment

American Collectors. Rates are very reasonable vs regular insurance companies. I am 33 with an excellent driving record. No accidents. However, there are some stipulations. The car(s) must not be your primary vehicle, garaged, mileage cap, can't drive to work, etc.
        Last edited by reelizmpro; 09-23-2010, 11:36 AM.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

^ very true ^ I was 17 paying $320 a month for that set up through state farm

Comment

Most I've seen require garage storage and driving only on weekends with mileage caps. Unfortunately, although the annual miles will be kept low, I don't own a garage and I will need to drive it during the week to take the kiddos to daycare. (My primary driver is a MR2).
            sigpic

Comment

Haggerties sells AVI type insurance and there are a few others. I have it on my white M due to dollar value I have into the car.

Like Barry mentioned there are stipulations.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                American Collectors. Rates are very reasonable vs regular insurance companies. I am 33 with an excellent driving record. No accidents. However, there are some stipulations. The car(s) must not be your primary vehicle, garaged, mileage cap, can't drive to work, etc.
                I have the same for my coupe. but it does kinda suck with the mileage cap.

Comment

I am actually an insurance agent and have worked with a few of the companies mentioned (American Collectors, Haggerty and State Farm). There are others that really only care that you have another vehicle for primary use and others still that will do somewhat of a hybrid policy (I have my 91 318iC with Unigard) which will do a stated value as a starting point for what they will pay vs. American collectors that will cut you a check for the full amount you insure the car for.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions about these types of things. Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Comment

i dont see the need in this type on insurance, but i do hate the fact that most offers are like 1200 on a e30 based on kbb.
                    sigpic

Comment

AJordanWise - what other major insurance companies other than State Form offer stated value? I called AAA once, they sounded like they had no idea what that even was...
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

definitely interested
                        subscribed for more info.

i have aaa and they do have something like this
                        but the car had to be more then 30 years old
                        not the primary car
                        mileage cap
                        weekend car
                        garaged

hagerty has this but same stipulations

I want to find one where I can still daily drive my car and not have a mileage cap
                        even if my rates are expensive

-
                        Project
                        Parts for Sale
                        Feedback
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
                          i dont see the need in this type on insurance, but i do hate the fact that most offers are like 1200 on a e30 based on kbb.
                          What do you drive? Some of us have a few more dollars invested and others have cars that can't really be replaced so it does make sense to have good insurance on them.

my current project when completed will most likely get AVI on it as well.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I'm just surprised any R3v members have insurance...

Is there any way you do agreed value on a car that's daily driven?
                            Last edited by TomSuddard; 09-24-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I've had a policy with J.C. Taylor for the past five years, been very happy with them. $15k agreed for my 745i, no mileage cap, but not primary vehicle. Stupid cheap, just over $200/year.

I think the no garage thing will be your biggest issue.
                              '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                              '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Working...
                              X