Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! My name is John, and I'm from the Campbell/San Jose area in California.

I'm new here, so I figured I would drop in and say hello!

I've wanted a 4Door 325i E30 since I was 15. About 2 months ago, my dream finally came true. After 10 years of wishing, I'm the proud owner of a "modified" E30.

I've been excited to drive every day since I bought the car, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

About 2 weeks ago, I spent an entire weekend "gutting" my car, and I can really feel the difference! After spending all of that Sunday driving on HWY 9, my clutch blew about 10 blocks from my house. I called a few buddies to help me push it home, and it's sitting in front of my house.

Clutch kit was ordered last week, and my baby should be running again by late next week.

In the meantime, I'll just be here... Trolling my new favorite forum.

A few pics of my car:

Go Sharks!

Comment

dude ill do some run with you on skyline and 9, im down here in Campbell(ish)
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

looks a bit rough around the edges but hopefully you'll do it right!
        Originally posted by Dozyproductions
        You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Welcome to r3v.
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome! :) Sucks about the clutch though
            -Alex

Comment

Welcome John, I'm not that far from you guys either. Monterey...

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                dude ill do some run with you on skyline and 9, im down here in Campbell(ish)
                Yeah. Let's do it! I'll send you a pm with my info once my car is ready!

Originally posted by JunkyardFiend View Post
                Welcome! :) Sucks about the clutch though
                yeah, Ive necver actually cried over a car, but I was damn close! I'm just grateful it happened so close to home. I called AAA (out of lazyness) and they wouldn't tow my E30 because it was too low. I called 3 different companies and only one would attpt the tow. They wanted $175 to tow me less than a mile.

I'm also glad I got in such a great day of driving before it broke down!

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                  looks a bit rough around the edges...
                  I totally agree. However, I got a really really really good deal on the car, so I've got alot of room to work with...

Comment

i have my cab towed a lot. just specify a flat bed when you call AAA, been towed 4-5 times this past year. i only clear the flat bed by about 1/3 inch.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

is it techno violet?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                      Ig:ryno_pzk
                      I like the tuna here.
                      Originally posted by lambo
                      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

that color is pretty cool. clean her up a bit and it will look great. good luck with the car

Comment

I like the color. It does look similar to a techno violet. Is that an mtech2 rear? Looks like the mtech2 bumpers but, the front doesn't look like it. With a little elbow grease it will look nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                            i have my cab towed a lot. just specify a flat bed when you call AAA
                            I did ask for a flatbed, and I told the dispatcher 3 times to have the driver call me before he comes out to tow me.

I had a car in the past that was MUCH lower than this E30, and whenever I got it towed (several times unfortunately) I would tell the tow truck driver to bring a couple 2x4's. By putting wood on the flatbed, it changes the angle the front end has to clear, and I would never even scrape while loading/unloading.

AAA didn't have the driver call me, and when he showed up he wasn't prepared to tow my car. Actually, he REFUSED to tow my car. After calling a few other companies, only one understood what I was having them do, and they wanted $175 to tow my car less than a mile.

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                            I like the color. It does look similar to a techno violet. Looks like the mtech2 bumpers but, the front doesn't look like it.
                            The previous owner had it painted when he purchased the bumpers. He said it was Techno Violet, and I didn't think much of it (until I parked right next to an E36 in that color). It looks significantly darker than the factory T.V. color, so when people ask me, I say it's "plum."

The bumpers are both Mtech2.

When I bought the car, it had a crack down the center of the lower lip. Within 3 hours of buying the car, I had pulled into a driveway and completely forgotten I was now driving a lowered vehicle. After a hard "SMACK" on a speedbump, I headed to the body shop. After talking to the body shop owner, I had two options:

1. Bondo/Paint
                            2. Cut/Sand

I went for the Cut/Sand. I'm actually quite happy with the way it came out, and we're not even finished. I gave the guy $20 to cut the center out of the lower lip, and do a rough sand. After the car's running again, I'm considering having the remaining part of the lower lip painted black, but I haven't decided yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                              I like the color. It does look similar to a techno violet. Is that an mtech2 rear? Looks like the mtech2 bumpers but, the front doesn't look like it. With a little elbow grease it will look nice!
                              2500 posts on here and you can't tell its just a hacked up mt2 front....
                              m106 1990 e30
                              e36 daily
                              e32 cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X