Is there a trick for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a trick for...

When you are mounting your wheel back onto your car, is there a trick to make it easier to get the holes in the rotor to line up?

Use the alignment tool in the trunk tray.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Haha i dont have any of the tool kit. I guess i should probably look into getting one.

I was able to get 3 of the bolts to tighten down but 1 of them just spins anyone have this problem?

Comment

you probably need a new hub if it spins freely, you might be able to get away with re-threading but you would need a different bolt.
        harry/harout

Comment

So i would have to replace the hub and the bearing right?

Comment

Easier to just put some loctite on the back of the rotor. Just enough so that when you need to replace it you can just smack it with a hammer.

Comment

Since you are most likely going to pull the inner race of the bearing out with the hub you better have the bearing on hand too. Front or rear wheel?

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Yeah, you stripped one. Buy a new hub... It's the whole hub/bearing assembly.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I like the loc tite technique for sure! It is my rear drivers wheel.

Comment

How long do you guys think i will be able to roll on just three lugs with the 4th loctit'd on?

Comment

Hang on. Let me do some math.

3 lugs / 4 lugs. Carry the 7, times pi....er...integrate with respect to darwin...dd/dt from 1 to knucklehead.

Ah yes! The answer is 1.32 years.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by KirkerBezerker View Post
                        I like the loc tite technique for sure! It is my rear drivers wheel.
                        Ever replaced a rear wheel bearing before? You need a special press tool to do it.

Originally posted by KirkerBezerker View Post
                        How long do you guys think i will be able to roll on just three lugs with the 4th loctit'd on?
                        Just long enough for your wheel to fall off, no more no less.

Do you really think loc-tite has any tensile strength at all? It's fucking glue!

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

also if you glue the bolt in place it will essentially be there for looks. since the threads are stripped it will have no torque.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Haha well i didnt think i could actually continue to DD on it just wanted to know if i could limp it over to the shop?

Comment

I thought you meant the small bolt that holds the rotor to the hub.
                              Nevermind what I said.

Comment

Working...
                              X