Opinions of possible project car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions of possible project car

This hideous yellow car has been for sale around here for a while and I have been looking for a shell for nearly as long. It has e36 m3 bumpers on it, I'm personally not a fan of the front bumper at all but kind of like the back one. It's an 86 325.

I'm thinking maybe plastic bumper swap the front and run an IS lip and keep the rear e36 bumper with maybe some IX skirts. I have no idea what that will look like though.

Oh yeah the yellow will be the first thing to go, I'm thinking DS or Alpine for a color. Supposedly this is a 7k paintjob so hopefully no rust and a fairly straight body for an easy respray.

This is what it looks like now:

I'm not super excited about the fact that it's a sedan but I do like the early tails and rear arches so that's a plus to cancel the extra 2 doors.

Is the weight difference between an early model 4 door and a late model coupe really only 50lbs?

Thoughts?

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Looks better than my pos and most of the pos here.
    1985 BMW 325e
    1997 BMW M3/4/5
    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Meh. If it runs I would do it.

Comment

That sounds like a ridiculous amount of work turning somebody's project car back into a stock car. Find a stock shell and work from there.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
          That sounds like a ridiculous amount of work turning somebody's project car back into a stock car. Find a stock shell and work from there.
          Yeah that's my first thought too, this guy's selling the car and a bunch of parts, two engines actually with it which sweetens the deal alot.

It's hard to find a really good e30 that isn't priced north of 6k around here lately, I just want a really good rust free shell to put my s52 in and if this car had a pro paintjob I'm hoping rust issues have been dealt with and all that is needed is a color change.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Dude, don't ask r3v, these people can fuck themselves....

If you can't store where you are now I am sure mom will understand and let it sit @ her house for the winter. My car is off the road Nov. 20th, so theres already gna be one car sitting there. Why not 2?

We need to look at it before commiting...but with the way people seem to think an "omg thuper clean e30" is worth 4k around i's really in your best inerests to grab it.

And yes, i'll pay for half it, and help w/ gas etc. I need to swap out the m42 before the thing finally grenades on me...

Comment

Would that e36 bumper still fit on an e36 or has it been altered?
              sigpic

Comment

That doesn't look like an e36 rear bumper, it just looks like an aftermarket body kit. I actually don't mind the color too much, of course alipne or DS would be better. I say if it's cheap and in good condition grab it and sell all of the crap off of it.

Comment

Wow, 'these people can fuck themselves?' Right back atcha, pal...

He posted here asking for people's opinions, and he got 'em.
                  Originally posted by LJ851
                  kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                  ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                  #teamross
                  Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Is it really just me that does NOT think a 4 door e30 looks right? and a bright yellow custom paint job to boot?

up to you, if the door count is cool, and you have the means to do the work...go 4 it.

I wouldn't execute the plans you were speaking of on a car I "settled" on, cast your net further, go further into the interior, look at Van...there are daily flights to Edmonton and Calgary. it should be simple to find the car you actually want, you might have to get off ass to get it though.

Raxe is in Edmonton and look at the Gem's he has.

may be just me, but I will travel to get what I want.
                    Originally Posted by ACMF74
                    i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

I actually like the yellow paint job!!! :D

Comment

Where did you get the picture of it at the car show, first pic?

Comment

The rear end looks like an E36 M3 mixed with an E46 M3 from the diffuser down.
                          M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
                            The rear end looks like an E36 M3 mixed with an E46 M3 from the diffuser down.
                            Bolted onto wooden blocks in the trunk.

Originally posted by Bavarian Performance View Post
                            Where did you get the picture of it at the car show, first pic?
                            Car was originally Miller Performance's, I believe. Car show picture of theirs?

You bought the thing 'eh?
                            Having fun w/ it? Hope you paint it;)

Comment

Working...
                            X