No announcement yet.

Everything Stolen - need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wanted to say how sorry i am for your loss. i hope whoever did this gets caught.

while i didn't have my stuff stolen, my e30 was heavily damaged from the flood after one year worth of work and restoration - rebuilding the engine, all-new a/c, re-doing the interiors, getting the electronics sorted, collecting rare parts, etc. - and i didn't have acts of god coverage on my insurance. it took me 6 months to get over the shock from the damage and i'm now just starting over.

it looks like you've got your act together though! hope to see that project back on track! maybe now it's project: phoenix!

http://arcautomotive.com.ph/
    like us on facebook
    Service • Detailing • Parts • Accessories
    BMW Car Club of the Philippines

Comment

totally sucks, always loved ur car!
      nice to see all the comradery though

Comment

Dave, this is absolutely terrible. I feel like some more snooping/investigating the house owner and the handyman are most definitely in order, which I am sure you already know. Good luck, I will definitely offer support to help you get back to the surface.

Comment

maybe pitch this as a sitcom/movie idea? i would watch it.
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Donated, who else?
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

This absolutely sucks! Donated.

Comment

Any word?

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

Thanks so much guys. It means a lot.

So far no feedback from any of the 40 fliers I handed out around the neighborhood.

Haven't heard back from the investigator either.

Currently I have a lawyer friend who's looking into getting the correct documentation needed to view security cameras from the surrounding area.

There's a school and auto shop near by. One on each exit street from the alley.

Comment

Originally posted by Mucci View Post
                    Thanks so much guys. It means a lot.

So far no feedback from any of the 40 fliers I handed out around the neighborhood.

Haven't heard back from the investigator either.

Currently I have a lawyer friend who's looking into getting the correct documentation needed to view security cameras from the surrounding area.

There's a school and auto shop near by. One on each exit street from the alley.
                    Good move. If you can get the PD investigator to consider the handyman he might interview him and find enough for a warrant. Problem is, if the handyman gets wind he is a suspect, there goes your parts. He will hide or dump them.

Do you have, can you get the handymans address, etc? If so, do a Google search with the aerieal photo. Does his residence look like it could be hiding the parts, ie big garage, storage shed...etc.

Stake it out if so. Or set up a motion activated camera. Not too costly. Park a friends second car in viewing distance of the residence, or whatever, and see if you can get evidence to support a warrant.

BTW... I just dropped my associate off at the airport. She will be in Chicago tonight.
                    sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Sorry for your lost.

Have you contacted the media. This value may not be enough for them to care but explaining the items and how much of car guy yo uare may raise them to think about a quick story; you never know.

If the owner of the home seemed sketchy as well as the handy man do what I know State Farm and others have done and set them up. Get all the people you know together and have them get you there empty car part boxes, tool empty boxes etc and start hauling it into the garage in plain site.

Set up a camera and see what comes about?

Just throwing out some ideas. Really sounds like an inside job by someone who had keys and knowledge.

Ty

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
                      R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

Does anyone know of a search site where I could locate a home address based on a name and phone number?

Edit.

Better yet, let's do this.

What can you find on:

Florentino (Tino) Ramirez
                        aka the Handy Man
                        Age 35-45
                        Chicagoland Area
                        Last edited by Moto-Mucci; 11-09-2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mucci View Post
                          Does anyone know of a search site where I could locate a home address based on a name and phone number?

Edit.

Better yet, let's do this.

What can you find on:

Florentino (Tino) Ramirez
                          (312) 576 - 375three
                          aka the Handy Man
                          Age 35-45
                          Chicagoland Area
                          Paging George Graves. Good luck with your lawyer friend and getting those tapes!

PM him, it might not have been a good idea to post his number on here though. Idiots from here might start shit and make it worse for you.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

White pages turned this up?

Florentino Ramirez

16248 Everdon Dr
                            Tinley Park, IL 60477-6728
                            (708) 633-7692
                            Household: Cain R Ramirez, Janet L Ramirez, Tino Ramirez, L Ramirez,
                            Originally posted by Good & Tight
                            It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

I'd try www.anywho.com/rl It's a reverse lookup page, that's free.

Comment

Have you asked around at the local scrap yards? If this guy was hard up for cash he might have just taken the big stuff to the yard for some quick loot. This is a common crackhead technique.

Also, I have to agree that you probably shouldn't post up his info just yet. I'd wait till after you know that it's him. If people start fucking with him, you might loose your chance of catching with him. Not to mention that he may not be guilty of anything.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X