No announcement yet.

Everything Stolen - need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this from Jalopnik, I'll keep an eye out if the stuff reaches the IL/WI border.
    alexw
    (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
    Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
      I just posted this with a link to the Jalopnik story on my Facebook, and am asking every to repost it to their page! I think everyone in the E30 scene needs to do the same, and make this go viral. I have also stickied this thread with an alert icon at the beginning, and reposted the story on my local euro forum. These dickless sons of bitches will be found!
      Read your comment on there, posted on mine.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I just caught this from another forum, did some browsing. Is any of this your stuff?

Comment

damn, i really hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by number77 View Post
            I just caught this from another forum, did some browsing. Is any of this your stuff?
            http://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/2035205243.html
            Doesn't look like it, from what's shown, but good lookin' out.

Off the subject, that set of 16x8.5 ACT wheels is hot!

Comment

That sucks PM'd.

Comment

keeping an eye out!
                Originally posted by george graves View Post
                Who steals a m20? I'll be on the look out!
                +1 -.-
                No more e30s for me.
                88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                91 BMW 325i [sold]
                86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Just reposted this on my local euro forum.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

I hope this ends with sweet, sweet justice.

Good luck, man.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                    '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                    '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                    '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

::Update::

The Good-ish / Confusing / Pointless News

I finally got through to the police last night. After an hour and a half wait, an evidence technician showed up.

He walked around, cracked some jokes, asked a few questions, jumped to a conclusion, then left after only writing down my phone number on a piece of scrap paper. Before he left, he said, "Someone will contact you for more information about the other guy who has a key. He did it."

...I'm not really sure what his purpose was and left confused.

The Bad News

After spending some more time in the garage my mind started running through and picturing everything that used to be in there that I hadn't thought about. One of the bigger losses was all of my snowboarding gear:

- NeverSummer board
                      - Union Bindings
                      - Northwave Boots
                      - Special Blend Jacket
                      - Pants
                      - Spy goggles
                      - Burton Gloves
                      - etc etc

All totaling well over a grand ...another huge loss. This should also be easy to spot if resold though.

The Good News

Now that the cop has come I can secure the garage with some new locks for the door and side door.

After rummaging through what was left I found good amount of "worth something to me" items and a bunch that will transfer over to the e28, at least as spare parts.

I also found my 1/2" ratchet and an 18mm wrench. Score.

There's a good amount of spare e30 parts that were left behind. Enough to have a nice collection of spare bits when I find the money to buy another one. Mostly plastic connectors, panels, wiring harnesses etc. Things you can't really sell off quick.

Originally posted by twism View Post
                      How could the garage be that close to the house and no one heard anything?! How was the door opened?
                      The garage isn't attached to the house. There is a yard in between. The garage alley is usually pretty busy also - which is something I'm hoping will be in my favor. I dispersed 40 fliers last night around to the neighbors.

I just posted this with a link to the Jalopnik story on my Facebook, and am asking every to repost it to their page! I think everyone in the E30 scene needs to do the same, and make this go viral. I have also stickied this thread with an alert icon at the beginning, and reposted the story on my local euro forum. These dickless sons of bitches will be found!
                      Thanks Josh, I saw your post on there.

Unfortunately not. But thanks for keeping an eye out.

Comment

No that is Mike aka E304lyfe's stuff He is a member here.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Will do. I loved this car, so what ever I can do to help.

If you do get another e30 (I know everyone has said this), I'll donate whatever you need. I have a decent amount of Brillantrot parts around..

Comment

dude, fuck whoever did this fucking bullshit. Im seriously pissed off right now. Ill definitely keep an eye out and if u can send me that flier in an email, ill help u pass them out throughout the city. This kind of stuff pisses me off so much. PM'D for flier email.
                            PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

Originally posted by Jgalano5550 View Post
                              http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/2036098305.html

sorry to flood your thread, just tryin to help.
                              this CL ad is actually in the same area/zipcode. Id definitely look at this.
                              PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

just posted this up on north american motoring. hopefully someone will find something helpful soon.
                                what are the chances this stuff is making it over the ocean in a shipping container?
                                or maybe the guy has it all locked up till the heat blows over?
                                maybe i missed it but hop did they get in? broken locks, windows, so on? or did they use a key? im just wondering because the cop said it was the guy with the second key.
                                sigpic
                                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Working...
                                X