No announcement yet.

Everything Stolen - need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List a bait car for sale-- see who calls.

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
    click here for details

Comment

Fuck. This. Piece. Of. Shit.

I had my tools walked off with awhile ago. On the one hand, it was a bunch of odd tools for the little oddjobs that it'll take me awhile to amass again. On the other, it gave me an excuse to go splurge and get a bunch of nice tools and a better box to replace them. Worst case, you get a new E30, spend a lot of money and learn a lesson.

Seriously though, I fucking HATE thieves worse than anything. I definitely understand the empty feeling and the car that you loved so much--I'm really sorry, and I hope you find him and have the satisfaction of either beating his face to a pump or taking him to court. I hope he pays ten times over for this shit. Fucking lowlife pieces of shit.

Comment

Holy balls this is outrageous bullshit. With a community as far reaching as jalopnik in on this too our chances are better with people other than bimmer enthusiasts on the look out.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
        No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Just heard about this from the r3v facebook post...unreal!

OP, I really feel for you and wish you the best of luck recovering everything.
          -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
          Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
          Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
          Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
          Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

This is so shit!

Happy to lend a hand in any way I can from all the way downunder.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Man I've not been on this site for a while, but I am just about to tear my car apart and do a proper resto with a C5 motor also. If I see anything surface up in these parts I'll be weary, so sorry for your lost! Fuck I'd want to do bad bad things to the people who would go so low to fuck with a mans ride and project. I added a security cam to my house this month, no regrets now...

Keep in mind, the thieves are reading this right now... Fuckers
              Last edited by E30Eric; 11-04-2010, 01:32 AM.
              1988SuperETA|Full I component swap|19lb injectors|Schrick 272|MSIIExtraBeta20071020|GM DIS Wasted Spark|LC-1

Comment

HEy look
                BMW fanatic Dave at r3vlimited was halfway through his two-year project to restore a BMW E30 3-series to its glory days when he returned to his garage to find everything stolen, ready to be resold. Can you help? — Ed.

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Originally posted by franco90 View Post
                  seriously?
                  PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/2036757642.html was posted by the same guy who posted http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/2036098305.html which is the earlier mentioned craigslist link. Looks like a different engine from the one he mentioned. Looks like his name is Titus Amza from the picasa name given. No idea if this helps at all.

Terribly sorry for your loss, I had car stuff stolen/broken into, tools stollen, not to this magnitude though. Terribly sorry, I hope you find everything and the people that did it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great looking car. Sorry for your loss :-(
                      1991 318is sold!
                      1989 325=track car--S52'd
                      Durango R/T for towing.
                      >>>Build thread<<<
                      M235i daily driver

Comment

I'm very sorry. I know how it feels to have something precious stolen from you. I hope you come out on top.
                        '87 325i "Chewey" (RIP, my beloved)
                        current:
                        '01 e46 325iT "Dot" - #datwagonlife
                        '87 e30 325i "Tui" - she has her mother's eyes

Comment

sorry to hear this Dave. will keep an eye out for parts being sold/new cars built in the Milwaukee area.

i would have left the ugly cardinal interior too! :)

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                            sorry to hear this Dave. will keep an eye out for parts being sold/new cars built in the Milwaukee area.

i would have left the ugly cardinal interior too! :)
                            i found the thief^
                            PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

Originally posted by JBird View Post
                              Just believe in karma. Karma will the get the person who did this someday.

And you will get better stuff now than what was stolen. :)
                              this
                              Originally posted by RUFFLZ
                              #BANDISNIGGA
                              Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                              Why the fuck would you ever put a drink up there? If you ever have a drink to hold, just put it between your legs. You know, where your balls used to be before you had a girlfriend.

Comment

Update:

I was just contacted by the investigator on the case. Here's how it went:

================================================== =====

Him: Hi David, this is ____ from the Chicago PD on the case for you garage break in.

Me: Yup, that'd be me.

Him: Do you have any idea who did it?

Me: Well, the ET and I came to the conclusion that it was a faked break in. So that leads me to believe it was related to someone with the key - who are me, the owner, and his handy man.

Him: Ok, what's your birthday?

Me: Oct 4th 1985

Him: Ok, well thanks for your help. If you end up finding out one of them has your stuff, please call me.

Me: Uhhhh what? Yea...ok.

Him: Ok, thanks again..

Me: Wait, do you know who they are? Do you want their information?

Him: Yea sure, I can put that down.

::gave him names and again is about to get off the phone::

Me: I have their phone numbers too...do you want those? I also have the owners address. Not the handy man's though.

Him: yea I could put that down here.

::gave him the info and got off the phone::

================================================== =====

I got off the phone not knowing whether I was the detective or if he was. This whole process has felt like people just trying to complete some section of paper work because they have to and not actually attempting to do any more work then the bare minimum.

Why do I pay taxes? And some of the highest taxes in the country at that. Is this 10.25% sales tax worth of police work? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X