fuel injectors rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel injectors rebuild?

I have a 89 325i...I was thinking about sending my stock injectors out to get rebuilt and i saw ebay has a set of 19lb bosh 4 Pintle injectors for a buy it now price of 45 dollars already rebuilt! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19LB-...item4aa774c634
    There is also a more expensive set for $107 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-...item4155964d34

I'm Leaning towards buying one of these off ebays instead of shipping my stock ones out. What do you guys think, any issues i should be aware of?

I'd say go for the $45 set, the ad says he'll replace any that are faulty. Too bad he doesn't have any pre-88 eta injectors :|

1987 325e - 5 speed - Mods: 3.25 LSD, Mark D Chip, Bilstein HD's, Ansa Sport

Comment

I bought the $45 set when they were still $55. These are good injectors. I have been running mine for about 2 months now with no complaints. It was a big improvement over my old crusty stock injectors. The Ebay seller SmokestackJ was good on shipping and communication.
      450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Wow, I wish they had these when I sent my set out for rebuilding about 6 years ago. For the price I paid, I may as well have bought a set of new ones!

I'd say DO IT!

Comment

Originally posted by zerokid5555 View Post
          I have a 89 325i...I was thinking about sending my stock injectors out to get rebuilt and i saw ebay has a set of 19lb bosh 4 Pintle injectors for a buy it now price of 45 dollars already rebuilt! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19LB-...item4aa774c634
          There is also a more expensive set for $107 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-...item4155964d34

I'm Leaning towards buying one of these off ebays instead of shipping my stock ones out. What do you guys think, any issues i should be aware of?

There is no such thing as a fuel injector rebuild. If somebody is marketing a rebuild to you they are lying. All anybody can do is run a bunch of injector cleaner through them, throw on a pair of fresh seals and give them back to you with a spit shine. Injectors wear with use (especially the EV1/gen1 bosh in your car) and there is nothing anybody can do to reverse that wear. Get your hands on some EV6s (new or used) clean them and throw them in.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
            There is no such thing as a fuel injector rebuild. If somebody is marketing a rebuild to you they are lying. All anybody can do is run a bunch of injector cleaner through them, throw on a pair of fresh seals and give them back to you with a spit shine. Injectors wear with use (especially the EV1/gen1 bosh in your car) and there is nothing anybody can do to reverse that wear. Get your hands on some EV6s (new or used) clean them and throw them in.
            http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=82
            I would disagree. I had a set "rebuilt" and they work like new. There is a point at which they're unsalvageable (I've sent a few sets out that happened to leak from the body, no quick fix for that), but to have a set that leaks down and has a bad spray pattern come back not leaking down with a good spray pattern and flow benched is absolutely worth the cost, which is about that of a single new injector.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
            Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

I'm pretty sure all the shops that are doing injector reconditioning are doing more than just running some off the shelf injector cleaner through them.. Mine came back flowbenched and flowmatched with new seals, filters, and pintle caps.

unless the body leaks fuel or the solenoid is dead, there's no reason to replace them when you can have them "rebuilt".
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=82

Is there a specific Ev6 you would recommend? My car is pretty much stock except for a high flow exhaust and a k&n cone filter.. I do plan on buying Millers war chip and maf relatively soon just gotta get my dam glove box open!! Should i be looking for 19lb ev6's?...Are they a direct fit no issues?

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
                  I would disagree. I had a set "rebuilt" and they work like new. There is a point at which they're unsalvageable (I've sent a few sets out that happened to leak from the body, no quick fix for that), but to have a set that leaks down and has a bad spray pattern come back not leaking down with a good spray pattern and flow benched is absolutely worth the cost, which is about that of a single new injector.
                  That means they did a good job cleaning the injectors but there is nothing in the process that can't be done by the DIYer for free. I just think the 'rebuild' part is misleading. Cleaning the injectors which is what they really doing is a worthwhile procedure.

Originally posted by zerokid5555 View Post
                  Is there a specific Ev6 you would recommend? My car is pretty much stock except for a high flow exhaust and a k&n cone filter.. I do plan on buying Millers war chip and maf relatively soon just gotta get my dam glove box open!! Should i be looking for 19lb ev6's?...Are they a direct fit no issues?
                  I think your 325i injectors are 17# so try to find something as close as possible. 19# will probably work, just make sure your O2 sensor is in good condition. The 19# injectors in your first link are bosch design 2, EV1s with a better pintle design. I would try to find EV6s like 0280155700 or 0280155710 like the second link you posted. Also keep in mind that the seller is getting these for next to nothing at the JY and turning these around on ebay. In the pics it looks like the seller didn't even bother to change the pintle caps or seals.
                  Last edited by tjts1; 01-03-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorserv1.php4

While a "rebuild" might be misleading but there is a lot that shops do that you can't do yourself. Mainly ultrasonic cleaning. I sent my 17.5's to these guys are they do a great job.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

That means they did a good job cleaning the injectors but there is nothing in the process that can't be done by the DIYer for free. I just think the 'rebuild' part is misleading. Cleaning the injectors which is what they really doing is a worthwhile procedure.
                      you have an ultrasonic cleaner and injector flowbench? equipment to control and measure the injectory flow at specific duty cycles? analyze spray patterns? you might be more well heeled than most DIYers...

and M20B25 injectors are 14.5#, not 17#
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        you have an ultrasonic cleaner and injector flowbench? equipment to control and measure the injectory flow at specific duty cycles? analyze spray patterns? you might be more well heeled than most DIYers...
                        None of that stuff is necessary to clean an injector.

Comment

Sure, it just won't be as clean. Ultrasonic works wonders on getting parts ACTUALLY clean.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

And soap isn't necessary to get dishes clean. It sure works well though.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                            Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

okay, but how do you know if whatever you did actually made any difference without flowbenching them? how will you know the spray pattern is good?
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X