How much are you paying for your insurance?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JTDay
    replied
    Age 20. Liability coverage only. I pay $12 per month through USAA.

    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    19, liability, 150 a month. Don't speed, run from the police, and crash all in the same 10 minutes. It murders everyone's insurances, especially my own. I don't even know how they let me keep my license.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jonny Cash
    replied
    Originally posted by //MPower
    29, married, progressive

    home owner, Loyal Customer, paperless, five-year accident free, multi-car, continuous insurance: diamond, multi-policy and three-year safe driving

    --------------

    $814/year ($68/month) paid in full for:

    1999 M3 (full coverage)
    1986 325e (liabilty)
    1999 Mazda Protege (liability)

    100,000 per person for bodily injury
    300,000 per accident for bodily injury
    100,000 per accident for property damage
    Literally, I could've posted this for myself, been a memeber since 03. Only difference is my cars are 05 g35, 90 325is, 00 e250-Just full on the G. And of course my area. It comes out to 1100.

    They actually tried to raise it 200 last week, reason being high volume of tourism/accidents. Wait so let me get this straight... Im paying for other peoples accidents? Or is it because i cant drive 2 miles without seeing an injury attorney billboard. lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    22, state farm, full coverage and personal belongings/theft (stereo) $500 deductible, 91 318is = $320 a year.

    Post up deductibles fellas! I wanna compare.

    also, for some folks full coverage really isn't worth it. Here is why,
    say you're 21 and you have to pay $1600 a year, your car gets wrecked and they award you 1800 but your deductible is $500. You do the math, you don't quite come out with the larger end of the stick.. You just filed a claim and depending on the accident it goes on your record raising your rates in the future. You pretty much got nothing for your car and you're out an E30.

    My advise for insurance. For those of you who have high rates, get personal injury and liability. It is worth it no matter what.

    As for every e30 owner, one of the best added policies is stashing away at least $1500 in some sort of savings account. Helps with mechanical issues and helps in case there is an accident and you have to pay a deducible for damaging someone else's car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Streichholzschächtelchen
    replied
    over 4k a year. I'm 19, two strikes on the Ls for speeding. Oh well, I learned my lesson atleast, now I just have to wait til it goes down.

    Leave a comment:


  • ck_taft325is
    replied
    $22 a month for basic. $39 for comp and collision. Or is it liability? I don't know.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dmcastino
    replied
    21 years old (not a spotless driving record either), State Farm, state minimum coverage and I am paying about $190 every six months on my 1990 325is. I'm sure it helps though that my family currently has 5 cars and I believe our house all insured with them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Evan12
    replied
    Originally posted by EndreM
    Quick question;

    Can you guys choose to not have insurance at all?
    That seems a bit... Dumb.

    Over here you HAVE to have what I described to posts up.
    yes you have to have insurance. it is illegal to drive without insurance of some sort, whether it be partial like you describe, or full.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw325csi
    replied
    almost 25 with Geico

    I pay 91 a month for liability for a 88 325ic. Which comes out to around 550 every six months.
    I have no moving violations on my license since I started driving so it really sux. I hope when I turn 25+ it will be cheaper as I know people who pay less than that for full coverage.

    Leave a comment:


  • matias88e30
    replied
    im 21, no insurance, just AAA

    Leave a comment:


  • GThomas
    replied
    after getting outrageous quotes of 800-1000 plus for 6 months, i decided to go with gieco's 700 quote. I called up and they asked about the car and if it had any modifications, i asked if it would effect the quote and they said no, i explain very broadly a few things, then they came back and said the modifications were worth more than the car and they cant insure it. I was pissed and i tried to call them back 20 minutes later tellin them i found the same year and model 318is LOL but this one was bone stock... i think they caught on to my plan and denied me again. Then i called progressive and spoke with really nice lady who gave me quote of 450 a month for a good amount of coverage. I was pretty excited to see that, but then they ran my drivers license :giggle: had an old 80+ ticket that knocked it up to 600 and change but that will be ex-sponged in 6 months. All in all i think the high rates had alot to do with me having no insurance for a few years from living in NYC. all in all progressive was the best for me...but in the end they are all crooks.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    you could save 15% by switching to Geico

    Leave a comment:


  • e30shmobberr
    replied
    18 and mine is like $125 full coverage

    Leave a comment:


  • Anguz
    replied
    Originally posted by richardb
    What company?
    some 3rd party company
    dollar a day quote bs
    :twisted::twisted:

    Leave a comment:


  • Conki
    replied
    I'm 22 and have been paying $260/year. Only liability though.

    Leave a comment:

Working...