How much are you paying for your insurance?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raxe
    replied
    For both of my E30s it's $3700 a year, minimum coverage (liability/comprehensive)... yeah.

    And that's with a perfectly clean record, no tickets or accidents. FML.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mtnbkr29r
    replied
    $240 per 6 months, 20 years old clean record and no accidents. Allstate.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30is90
    replied
    What sucks about having full coverage on most E30s, even modified, is that if an accident occurs, they will only repair the vehicle if the damage is less than 50% of the book value. And the book value for even a 1991 E30 with an average of 200,000 miles is $2,200. So unless you have classic insurance and it is NOT your DD and it's garaged when not in use, the most you'd get is $2,200 minus the salvage fee. You might be able to get them to tack on some depreciated "improvement" costs, but not regular upkeep, maintenance or repair costs.

    I kept full coverage on mine for about 16-years and then realized that the so-called book value of the car that the insurance companies base their valuation of the car didn't make sense to keep paying collision and comp. Now that I have a second car I will be considering classic insurance, which has a minimum of $15,000 collision and comp and is no more than standard carrier full coverage. But, you have to have a second DD registered in your name and insured at the same address for this be an option.

    Leave a comment:


  • gtarwiz
    replied
    I'm 24, pay $104 with Gieco with full coverage

    Leave a comment:


  • Fusion
    replied
    100$/qy per car, 300K damage, 500K health, free towing up to 125$ (about 60 miles), and windshield replacement in which case I'd only pay 5% of the price.

    Leave a comment:


  • pureaudio
    replied
    01 525iT and 11 Legacy are about $85 a month through Progressive I think and $159 a year through Hagerty for both my 2002's. Full coverage on all 4 vehicles with lower than default deductibles. The 2002's are crazy low because I never drive em and they are garaged year round but my premium with Progressive has gone down every 6 months since I first started my policy over 8 years ago. I wouldn't say I'm loyal to them, I've checked elsewhere but nobody can beat it.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWerke
    19 about $100 a month
    What insurance?

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt-B
    replied
    23 about 55$ full coverage allstate ( 7$ a month is for 2500$ theft policy if anything is stolen)


    clean record, etc

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWerke
    replied
    19 about $100 a month

    Leave a comment:


  • Need4Speed1299
    replied
    That is way more than i can afford, pal.

    Leave a comment:


  • SoEm0
    replied
    I have progressive and i am 27, single, clean record. I pay $36/month for basic + uninsured motorist

    Leave a comment:


  • e30Squid
    replied
    New Hampshire is the only state that doesn't require insurance....but it would be stupid not to have it.

    Leave a comment:


  • //MPower
    replied
    It isn't required in New Hampshire, but as always, you are still held financially responsible for any damages, injries, legal fees.

    Anyone that is only carring the state minimum liability ammounts, I highly suggest talking to your agent about getting those ammounts increased.

    You are responsible for paying any ammount of damage/injury/legal costs that exceed your coverage. If you only have $15,000 of property damage liability and do $30,000 of damage, you still have to pay the remaining $15,000 out of pocket.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by EndreM
    Quick question;

    Can you guys choose to not have insurance at all?
    That seems a bit... Dumb.

    Over here you HAVE to have what I described to posts up.
    as far as I know it's mandatory everywhere. Not to say that some people don't drive without it anyway..

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    age 31, i got State farm. Had them since i was 16.


    These are every 6 months

    96 Dodge Ram 1500; $202 (liability)

    96 Pontiac Firehawk; $341 (Full coverage)

    65 Chevrolet Corvair; $50 (Full coverage)

    Leave a comment:

Working...