I bought a Lexus GS300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a Lexus GS300

It's a 1994 with 130,000 miles. Every option.

First impressions:
    It is everything my E30 is not. Quiet, comfy, and relaxing. When I drive my E30 or just about any other BMW, I feel like I have to go fast. Driving in rush hour is absolute hell because I want people to get the fuck out of my way. With the Lexus, I'm not quite as agitated.

Why can't the BMW engineers build an AC system like Lexus. Even with an all new AC system in my E30, it does not work nearly as well as the system in the Lexus.

I think the reason I like BMW's so much is when you drive the car, you almost feel like it is you sprinting down the highway at full speed. This is true of the E30, E36, E46, and hopefully E90. BMW used to have this feeling with the 5 and 7 series, but the new ones have lost the connection. My biggest gripe with the Lexus is even with sport mode activated, you feel like you are floating down the highway. The car seems to bounce around quite a bit. BMW's best feature was ride quality and they seem to be losing it. Bad move BMW.

The Lexus is the first automatic car I have owned and I now see why so many drivers are inattentive. With the super quiet interior, Nakamechi sound system, soft leather seat, and cruise control, it is all to easy to almost fall asleep behind the wheel on the way home. All I have to do is hold on to the steering wheel with one hand to keep the car on the road. I bet if everyone was forced to drive a car with a manual tranny and no cruise, we would have a lot less accidents.

Overall it is a nice car. But without having a sporty toy, I would not be happy.

Oh by the way...the Lexus is for sale. $8,800 OBO. I bought it with the sole intention of flipping it for a small profit.

It is not quite as fun a 5 series, but it is much more reliable. Might make a good daily driver for you. ;)
    2004 SL600 - Current
    ------------------------
    2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
    2004 M3 SMG - Sold
    1999 540i Sport - Sold :(
    1989 325i coupe- Sold
    1988 325is M50 M-tec - Sold :(

my AC seems to work great (original with R12), but then again a hot day in washington is 80-90 degrees, not 100+ :)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I agree with you on so many points.

I also have a 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, and I feel the same way. Though I'm sure it's not as comfy or quiet as the Lexus, it also has that cushy feel that I don't get with my 5 sp E30 325is. With the BMW, I'm shifting a lot. Also, the sound of the engine makes me wanna rev it. It sucks in traffic.

With the automatic tranny Nissan, I just keep a couple fingers on the steering wheel and my left foot stays asleep. It's what "daily driver" is meant to be.

Comment

My Lexus IS300 is just as much fun to drive as my E30. I was shocked during my first drive just how much it felt like a newer version of the E30 with it's handling. The 3.0L Supra engine/5speed tranny sending power to the rear wheels is plenty of power for a good time. The suspension handles the twisties nearly the same as the E30. You get a lot of feedback from the car in the twisties. I am very happy with it.
        Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

Comment

friend of mine has an is300 with a few things done. I've driven it on a few occasions, and it drives very well. lexus does a good job. i would buy a gs300 or 400 if they came in stick, but I think instead the e39 540 6 speed is catching my fancy
          Originally posted by blunt
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
          X