Convertible top install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible top install question

So, I have my new top stretched over the frame. I'm at the point where I'm prepared to re-assemble everything but I'm hung up on one step. I can not figure out how to access the back of the frame so that I may glue the top in place. The instructions say that I should lift the top up - but when I do so everything comes out of place. It's to the point that I'm considering removing the frame from the car and installing all of it upside down. Additionally, I don't know how I'm going to reach the seal retainer or any of the screws without displacing the top.

Attached Files
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

habe ich auf der Homepage von www.cabriodoktor.at entdeckt...So schnell kann ein Verdeck gewechselt werden.....

May I ask, where did you get your top? It looks awfully like mine.
    1992 325i Convertible

Comment

It's the topsonline german canvas top.

Thanks for the video. I wouldn't have guessed that all of the adhesive goes on first. Another problem I have - my window is WAY more stiff than that one.
      Last edited by Turf1600; 01-20-2011, 02:14 PM.
      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Working...
      X