intake manifold replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake manifold replacement

Is there a DIY for replacing the intake manifold?

with another stock one? bro just unbolt it, pull it off. put back on.

type your question in google and pelican parts always have a simple step by step process of how to do everything like this.
    type in: how to replace e30 intake manifold. its the third one down. its for painting it- but tells how to take it off
    Last edited by CHIF8008; 02-01-2011, 11:36 AM.
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
    Got Drop?? ;-)
    Originally posted by JinormusJ
    But of course
    E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

I read somewhere about a pin underneath? Not put back correctly and you could be leaking oil? Is that true?

Comment

iv never heard about it. and you shouldn't have oil running in the intake manifold (at least i wouldn't think so). i have put a m20 back together roughly and didn't notice any "pin" of the sort
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
        Got Drop?? ;-)
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        But of course
        E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

pin? nah.

But there is a big tube that runs from crank case to intake.

Replace the o-rings on either end of this tube to prevent leaks.

Zip-tie the spring at the bottom of the tube to remove and replace; makes life easier.

This is all assuming you are talking about the M20...
          Ben
          Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
          April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
          May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
          October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
          October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
          Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

Comment

Yeah...hes talking about the bitch tube. Not a pin, a tube from IM to the bottom of the crankcase. Not a biggie. Follow the directions above, Zip-tie.
            sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Easy... if it is ur first time just take a look at everything and all the bolts before start doing anything... it should take u no more than 30min... ull get it done
              no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

Actually if you twist the tube while depressing it, it will "lock" itself down for a bit. Make sure your torque specs are correct, these tend to leak if not re-installed properly.
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Ah yes, the spring-loaded-tube-of-death. Definitely use zipties to compress and hold the spring. Makes life much easier.

Comment

Also, make sure to have the washer inbetween the spring and lower o-ring.

Also, the t-stat housing being loosened will make it easier to get off and on.
                    sigpic
                    Gun control means using both hands
                    Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

So I still didn't do this. Call me the world's biggest procrastinator. But in preparation I bought that vent pipe and a new o ring from the dealer. The vent pipe is metal. Wasn't it plastic??

Comment

no they are all made of metal that i know of.
                        Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Racelands are cheap shit.
                        Originally posted by whodwho
                        So are r3v members
                        Originally posted by Cabriolet
                        dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

Working...
                        X