E30 Throttle Body Adjustment Screw ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Throttle Body Adjustment Screw ???

Does anyone recognise the adj.screw set up off another BMW? This part was sold as a "modified for ETA conversion" and has a reducer to fit it down to the ETA manifold, Its the size of a i TB, any ideas what kind of throttle body it started as???, this one has a adjustment screw on the side, see pics, the TB on my 90 325 i has no adjustment screw, snowy pic. Part number ground off
    Last edited by TimR; 03-01-2011, 12:57 PM.

looks like a regular old 325i throttle body to me.

Comment

I can't say i've seen a 325 I throttle body with a "Idle Screw" and it has been modded to go on the ETA motor
      Last edited by TimR; 02-09-2011, 08:30 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

I know the earlier cars over here had adj. screws, not sure which though, maybe it was on the non- cat models??

Comment

there's no "idle screw" on any B25 except possibly 1987 and earlier years - it must be early, or from an eta.

the throttle stop should be adjusted so the throttle plate closes all the way, but doesn't get stuck in the housing. that's it. also make sure the TPS is adjusted so the idle switch gets trigger when it closes. the ICV takes care of the rest.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

This seems unique. I've never had one with an adjustment screw on the throttle body.

Comment

screws dont matter. I messed with mine and once you restart the icv reprograms itself.
              Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Working...
              X