Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool german car club badge I found at the junkyard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool german car club badge I found at the junkyard...

I found this today on an e30 in the junkyard, thought it was kinda cool so I bought it. Does anyone know if it's worth anything? Looks to be old (possibly of 60's-70's vintage?) and it's weathered so it's definitely a cool piece. I don't believe this specific one is a repro but I know they do make reproduction ones online because I did a quick google search.

It says "Salzburger Automobile Club" which revealed nothing to me from a simple google search. Anybody have any info on this? Here's what I'm talking about (I apologize for the shitty cell phone picture):

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it is worth nothing at all, unless you can find an original member from Salzburg who wants it.
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
      i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it is worth nothing at all, unless you can find an original member from Salzburg who wants it.
      Yeah maybe not but I only paid a buck for it. If nothing else I'd like to know the history because I don't think that club is around anymore.

Comment

Cool. I used to have a BMW Club of South Africa grill badge until it delaminated and blew off the car. Had the Mtech stipe on the lower right corner.
        Best pic I could find of it:

Comment

looks like a variation of the Porsche badge in the center red and black stripes and the horse pretty interesting i like it
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Well as for info, it would appear to be the badge for members of the Salzburger Automobile Club, which was a club for auto drivers in Salzburg.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

That shield is the coat of arms of the state of Salzburg...pretty common for Germanic cities/political subdivisions, not necessarily unique to Porsche (though Porsche's is most well known). I'd bet the center stripe that is black was at one time white?

Pretty damn cool, I'd rock it on my car.
              1991 318iS
              1992 911
              2006 330i 6-Spd ZSP people hauler

Gone:
              1989 M3 S50B32, 6-Spd
              1990 325ix 5-Spd

Comment

Ok..is that bullshit or do you guys really know all this shit??
                sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Salzburg Coat of arms:

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

What junkyard did you find this at???

Comment

Originally posted by KirkerBezerker View Post
                      What junkyard did you find this at???
                      If I told you I'd have to kill you

Comment

$21.95

The club was probably around in the 1920s/30s.

Comment

nice, the german one would be a nice touch to my wall

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by txtorquemade View Post
                            Ok..is that bullshit or do you guys really know all this shit??
                            And Dude this is r3v, if you think you know everything or know some secret, its been done 500 times and we know how to do it/find it better then you do :D

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                              And Dude this is r3v, if you think you know everything or know some secret, its been done 500 times and we know how to do it/find it better then you do :D
                              And if not we will make up something that sounds smart!

Comment

Working...
                              X