Drop in California E30's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop in California E30's?

Recently, I have seen people selling E30's from $2.5k-4.5k in California.
    Is is true?
    WTB E30. Right now $1500+ Vert or 4 door only.

Price range will increase every month.

even cheaper than that in norcal

Patrick - IG:niicknac
    RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

I think a lot of people don't know the value of their vehicle when they sell it, and just consider it to be another 20 year old car. They don't realize E30s have a cult following, and will go up in value in the future.

I recently purchased a 1991 318i with no rust for $500, I drove it 70 miles home. I purchased a 1986 325e (As a parts car) with an MT2 wheel for $150, I also snagged an 87 Vert for $700 at a yardsale (That one wasn't intended to be sold, but I bugged the lady enough.)

At the same time, you'll find clean, well sorted examples have no issues selling for 4-6K, because a lot of people want to start with a really good base.

Comment

i just bought one with body 9/10 paint 9/10 interior 7.5/10 (dirty but no rips)
        and tranny excellent, engine needs a little bit of work (vacuum seal leak, cooling issues.)
        i only paid 1k!
        but i think i may have gotten lucky :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
          I think a lot of people don't know the value of their vehicle when they sell it, and just consider it to be another 20 year old car. They don't realize E30s have a cult following, and will go up in value in the future.

I recently purchased a 1991 318i with no rust for $500, I drove it 70 miles home. I purchased a 1986 325e (As a parts car) with an MT2 wheel for $150, I also snagged an 87 Vert for $700 at a yardsale (That one wasn't intended to be sold, but I bugged the lady enough.)

At the same time, you'll find clean, well sorted examples have no issues selling for 4-6K, because a lot of people want to start with a really good base.
          damn son you hit the jackpot!
          that parts car paid for half of itself with the steering wheell... hahhahahahaha
          man i wish i had gotten these deals lol.

Comment

The parts car paid for itself, and made a decent profit from the steering wheel, actually.

Comment

This........

never happens to me!!! Dammit!!!
              sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

shit!! why im not that lucky!!!
                no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

They're cheap because there are so many of them here. I live just over a mile away from my work, and considering how short the drive is, I usually see at least 2 or 3 every day roundtrip.

Luckily, that means the junkyards around here are literally full of them. :)
                  Jason

Comment

Originally posted by matias88e30 View Post
                    shit!! why im not that lucky!!!

Originally posted by txtorquemade View Post
                    This........

never happens to me!!! Dammit!!!
                    I mean come on this always happens to me. SO don't feel left out.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparJ View Post
                      They're cheap because there are so many of them here. I live just over a mile away from my work, and considering how short the drive is, I usually see at least 2 or 3 every day roundtrip.

Luckily, that means the junkyards around here are literally full of them. :)
                      What part of San Deezy do you live? I mean I live in Nasty City and I don't see any shit around here. Care to help me out? LOL

Comment

A car is worth what one is willing to pay for it.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                        ---------------------------------
                        89 E30 S52
                        ---------------------------------
                        Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffSDguy View Post
                          What part of San Deezy do you live? I mean I live in Nasty City and I don't see any shit around here. Care to help me out? LOL
                          Linda Vista/Clairemont area. I see them under a grand on a regular basis; the only thing is, they usually sell pretty fast so you have to check craigslist a few times a day, and be quick to answer the ads. I picked up my ES for $700; the guy who sold it told me there were about 7 people in line behind me. Actually, National Shitty is where I bought it, IIRC...:)
                          Jason

Comment

thats so gay! it's a struggle to even find them in minnesota!

Comment

Working...
                            X