1984 533i
    1984 733i
    1985 325e
    1998 M3
    1998 318ti
    2008 335i

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
      Maybe he made it, got souper rich & is laughing from his secret island lair plotting his revenge????

:hide:
      Or not. It's really 50-50%. Insanely wealthy, or a failure. It a coin toss. On a 100,000,000 sided coin.
      Last edited by george graves; 07-19-2018, 03:29 AM.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
        All International Harvester truck engines at least from the 50's through the 80's (including my Scout) had gear driven camshafts and they are silent and extremely durable.
        I call BS.
        We had a Scout.
        You couldn't hear gear whine in that thing over the road noise, wind noise, vacuum- wiper sucking, rattling, droning and the sound of the unlubricated
        rockers wearing themselves to pieces...
        It could have had the worst getrag rattle ever, and you'da never heard it!

:nice::nice::nice:

t
        mostly deaf, now
        (also agrees- gear drive cams can be quiet. it's an OHC packaging thing that
        makes a chain/belt work better)
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
          I call BS.
          We had a Scout.
          You couldn't hear gear whine in that thing over the road noise, wind noise, vacuum- wiper sucking, rattling, droning and the sound of the unlubricated
          those old IH engines are smooth and shit when they are running right, I have likely fixed and worked on more of them than you have ever seen. A good friend of mine has no less than 10 running ones and about 25 in parts......
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by tobyb View Post
            i call bs.
            We had a scout.

:nice::nice::nice:

T
            mostly deaf, now
            (also agrees- gear drive cams can be quiet. It's an ohc packaging thing that
            makes a chain/belt work better)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              those old IH engines are smooth and shit when they are running right, I have likely fixed and worked on more of them than you have ever seen. A good friend of mine has no less than 10 running ones and about 25 in parts......
              Oh, I'm sure you are the rightest person on the planet about the engines-

but the Scout (of which we had 3 or 4 by the end) was NOT smooth as shit.
              Not even after a corn- on- the- cob feed. With pomegranates.

And the first one came from International with the rocker shafts reversed,
              so the valve train wore itself to hell in about 20k. THAT was not quiet...

The Scout WAS durable as shit, until the transmissions blew up, and would
              go almost anywhere. When you got it really stuck, you could just drag it
              out with a tractor- any which way- and keep going. I loved ours.
              And got used to wearing hearing protection on the highway!

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

^
                Your not wrong about the generalizations of the scout. but you have to remember they were basically a road going tractor designed in the early 60's..... a 200 Series Landcruiser they are not
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

I had to use ear plugs with my stock 07 Focus.

....maybe it was a scout and not a Focus?
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                  X