Joaquin Perez still selling clones of my E.A.T. chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joaquin Perez still selling clones of my E.A.T. chips

Chip sales have been really slow for roughly 3 years, and I had found in 2008 that Joaquin Perez who had the username "nitro325is" was selling copies to members here and on e30tech. Recently a few people asked if the chip they bought was real and both mentioned the same seller Joaquin Perez who now uses the username "R3Vde30" http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/member.php?u=18589
    and gmail address r3vde30@gmail.com. I also received photographs which proved he was selling clones which were not used chips.

I am planning to take action, but want to get an idea how many people bought chips from him. I think it could be at least one hundred in the last year. If any of you have bought a chip from him or received emails or PM offering a chip, and you don't mind helping me out with this, please forward any PayPal transaction numbers or PM's/emails to me. The transactions numbers will help when I contact PayPal.

I've still got my March sale running and for $185 you can order a chip directly from my site for 2 more weeks!

Thanks,

MarkD
    Last edited by MarkD; 03-15-2011, 11:51 AM.
    URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Sorry to hear about this, You make a good product. Shame someone is ripping it off.
    sigpic

Comment

It's interesting that this thread has only had two views, but someone has already sent a PM saying he also bought a chip from Perez, but it does not work all that well!

I'm hoping some more people contact me so I can virtually kick his butt!

Comment

This is sad. Main reason why I always pay for these things new from the source! I hope anyone who bought a 2nd hand chip, or a burned one chimes in. Kick butt, take names!
        sigpic

Comment

whatta bastard

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
          Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
          I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

Catch the sonofabitch!

Comment

Damn Mark that blows... Gl getting this shit straightened
              sigpic
              HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
              " enjoy the show "

Comment

damn thats crazy!
                i read the post about the guy who wasn't sure if he got a real markD chip.

do what you gotta do man, sucks for those who bought fake shiz

Comment

Mark, I purchased one of the knockoffs at least two years ago and was the one who sent it to you/your chip guy to be analyzed. It had a checksum error that would cause my car to spontaneously shut off while being driven. Figured I'd remind you in case you forgot.
                  86Zinno

Comment

Originally posted by 4drPwr View Post
                    Mark, I purchased one of the knockoffs at least two years ago and was the one who sent it to you/your chip guy to be analyzed. It had a checksum error that would cause my car to spontaneously shut off while being driven. Figured I'd remind you in case you forgot.
                    Thanks for posting that, since it will help others realise thet his clones are not even proper clones. I also just received an email saying he sells chips on ebay. I'm looking into that now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=270693320521 :blowup: <--- Joaquin

Comment

damn that sucks man... are there any distinctive visual differences between your chips and his copies?

your 93 chip was the first upgrade i got for my zinno coupe. :)

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
                        damn that sucks man... are there any distinctive visual differences between your chips and his copies?

your 93 chip was the first upgrade i got for my zinno coupe. :)
                        He's now making them look very similar. They have the same labels. But his eBay listings have a different label. I just spent time on the phone wiith eBay.

Now I find there is also a guy in CA named Bruce Smith running GERMAN CARS ONLY who is also selling clones....

Here is the email he sends out:

Thanks,
                        Bruce

Here's a list of the after-market chips I have. Just tell me which one you want -

*BMW M20B25 EPROM Data List*

01. Active Autowerkes 91 Oct.
                        02. Alpina B3 2.7 Liter (98 RON) 93 Oct.
                        03. AOA Tuning 91 Oct.
                        04. BMP Design "153" 91 Oct.
                        05. BMP Design "173" 91 Oct.
                        06. Dinan D900-2531 "153" Calif Legal 91 Oct.
                        07. Dinan D900-2532 "173" (V. 1) Calif Legal 91 Oct.
                        08. Dinan D900-2532 "173" (V. 2) Calif Legal 91 Oct.
                        09. E.A.T. (Mark D) 17-19 lb. injectors 93 Oct.
                        10. E.A.T. (Mark D) 24 lb. injectors + Turbo 91 Oct
                        11. Schatz & Krum (Jim Conforti?) 91 Oct.
                        12. Turner Motorsports (Jim Conforti) 91 Oct.

*BMW M20B27 EPROM Data List*

01. Dinan D900-2711 Calif Legal 91 Oct.
                        02. E.A.T. (Mark D) 91 Oct.
                        03. Mesa Performance 91 Oct.
                        04. ProFormance 91 Oct.
                        05. Turner Motorsports (Jim Conforti) 91 Oct.
                        Last edited by MarkD; 03-15-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkD View Post
                          He's now making them look very similar. They have the same labels. But his eBay listings have a different label. I just spent time on the phone wiith eBay.

Now I find there is also a guy in CA named Bruce Smith running GERMAN CARS ONLY who is also selling clones....
                          Man that blows! Do you have them copyrighted?

Comment

ISnt "german cars only" a member here? This is such a shit situation to have happen to a buisness. I wish you the best outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                              Man that blows! Do you have them copyrighted?
                              It's not easy to protect them, but the DMCA and other copyright acts basically give you a copyright by default if you develop some intellectual property. I also have HakenTT emailing the files around to people for free...
                              It's not a good time to be a chip developer.

MarkD

Comment

Working...
                              X