Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prototyping my Alipna style gauge setup - what should I monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That picture is sweet!

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

MC, great product chu gotz there :)

At this point useless for you, but, just picked up a spare Alpina brain if you need it.,
      it will be a few weeks as still overseas.

Comment

I appreciate the offer but the pictures you provided when I was doing the design was everything I needed.

Comment

Goodie, I'll be ordering a set as soon as I get ried of the Kamei sideskirts ;)
          Congrats.

Comment

We now have gauges for those with air ride setups.

It can monitor up to 150psi per strut and 25-psi for the tank!

Comment

It is officially patent protected now

Last edited by MC Hammered; 06-12-2014, 04:46 PM.

Comment

congrats!!, I need to put mine back in my car as I uninstalled in because I was going to sell but now I like the car too much. Guys this is a top quality piece and if you have the means I highly reccomend picking one up.

Comment

Gauge

Great move - It is unique & can give the pilot all kinds of useful data in many ways - lots of feedback - now even give you air pressure in a "bagged" car !! Its almost like iphone's "Seri" for the E30 ..............OWNER -"Good morning Seri, whats my water temp at 4000 rpm? SERI- "Good morning rocket man, it's 194 degrees." OWNER, "Seri I'm late for Cars & Coffee - is it ready for a thrashing?" SERI- "Drive it like you stole it rocket man!!"

Nice, nice piece!!
                  [I

Comment

Just an update to enhancements to this product

1 - working on replacing the switch that is currently supplied with a flat capacitive touch switch.

2 - OBD2 scan gauge module is now available. I will post up pictures once I have it installed in my touring.

Comment

Would I need to send you the module for re-coding if I want to use the oil pressure input for something else? For my uses the digital oil pressure gauge was all over the place and didn't seem to read properly, so I replaced it with a good old mechanical gauge that reads great.

i'd like to have something else show there other than 0 and was wondering what you had that would be electrically compatible with it?

Comment

If you wanted that parameter to read something else then the module needs to be sent back for recoding.

If the oil pressure gauge display was reading all over the place then it is most likely a bad ground as the oil pressure sender grounds itself via the chassis.

Quick way to test is to connect a wire to the negative terminal of the battery and touch it to the body of the oil pressure sender, if the displayed reading changes then you have a bad ground connection.

This situation would also arise if you used an adaptor plate to provide the sender with an oil signal, the adaptor could be made of material which does not provide good conductivity.
                        Last edited by MC Hammered; 05-22-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
                          If you wanted that parameter to read something else then the module needs to be sent back for recoding.

If the oil pressure gauge display was reading all over the place then it is most likely a bad ground as the oil pressure sender grounds itself via the chassis.

Quick way to test is to connect a wire to the negative terminal of the battery and touch it to the body of the oil pressure sender, if the displayed reading changes then you have a bad ground connection.

This situation would also arise if you used an adaptor plate to provide the sender with an oil signal, the adaptor could be made of material which does not provide good conductivity.
                          I had grounded straight to the unit itself.

How long would it take to recode? I use the thing every race so being without it is not something I'd like to do.

Comment

Just sent you a PM as I need more information from you.

Comment

A new touch switch has been developed to replace the mechanical one that was supplied with the e30 vent gauge setups.

I will be supplying these switches as a no cost upgrade to existing customers.

If you have boost or AFR as one of your displayed you will need to send the gauge back to us for a firmware update use this new switch.

Comment

Working...
                              X