Nigerians and craigslist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nigerians and craigslist

I was looking at a Bronco and i think is a scam:) here is the email i got from her and my response:) :

I am in Nigeria, uh I mean, Pennsylvania. I would like to send you a check for $10,000, you cash it and send me only $3000 USD back. The rest you can keep for your troubles. All I need is your name, address and bank account information, and you will also have to send me your first born child. I'm sure this deal will work great for both of us.

Sincerely,

Nat A. Sucker

Mar 18, 2011 07:13:56 PM, destinybellamy@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

My Bronco is still for sale for the asking price of $5,800.
    As you've probably seen on my listing I decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.

Now about the 1971 Bronco, 67,000 miles, 4WD, 6 Cylinder, 3-speed manual transmission, Gasoline, frame-off restoration, new fuel pump, new master cylinder, new fuel tank, new carpeting, original reupholstered seats, 5 point seat-belts, new door gaskets; clear title.

I'm currently signed up for a protection program and I would like to close the deal through them; it will allow you to inspect the Bronco before paying me. You will have a 3-5 day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the truck or not before they release the funds to me. Even if you pick the vehicle or have it shipped payment must be submitted using their system, but I assume there is nothing wrong with that.

Where are you located ?

Thank you,
    Destiny Bellamy
    All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

lol @ "Nat A. Sucker"
    haha.

Comment

they are a bunch of idiots. nothing better to do than scam people.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
      ---------------------------------
      89 E30 S52
      ---------------------------------
      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
        they are a bunch of idiots. nothing better to do than scam people.
        Then we have a bunch of other idiots who fall in the scammers trap! Capitalism is really nice.
        WTB E30. Right now $1500+ Vert or 4 door only.

Price range will increase every month.

Comment

There's a nice 2001 M3 in Cleveland. And it was up in NY and I think San Diego.

I initially sent an email expecting a type since he had is listed at $2610. I figured he meant $26,100.... I figured it was: a scam, a misprint, or I could have been one hell of a lucky guy.....

Here's the email response I got... (copied, no changes other than bolding the price)

Hello,
          My name is Steven Morris and I'm glad to see your interest in purchasing my 2001 BMW M3. The car It`s in perfect condition,no scratches,damages, never been implicated in any accidents. It has 135,150 miles, manual transmission, 6 Cyl 3.2L engine size, rear wheel drive and my price is $2,600. It has a clear title, free of any liens or loan.
          What can I tell you in a few words is that I am an individual seller, I am not a dealer and this is my first type of posting using Craigslist. The car that I have for selling is mine , it is personal property and I am going to sell it because I was promoted at work and after a discussion with my wife I decided to buy a bigger house (sometimes is very difficult to be persuasive, you know what I mean) and sell my M3, because it is senseless to keep the car only to occupy the garage and also we are in desperate need of cash.
          Here are the pictures with the car : http://img806.imageshack.us/g/32666659.jpg
          Just let me know where are you located and any other details you need about it.
          Thank you,
          Steven

Shady. But wanted to see where it could go...
          I asked for the VIN # and got this: (bolded location)
          Hello again ,
          The VIN Number is # WBSBL93481JRxxxxx . The car is at the shipping company in Helena,MT sealed and ready to ship it,as I got a new job and moved here to start over.We will use eBay Buyer Protection Program, so we can both be protected and insured .I'm very busy with my job, so I can't meet you in person,reason for why I chose to sell my car online.
          I just need your full name , full address and phone number so eBay can send you the invoice in which you'll see how to make this transaction . I supposed to ship the car to another buyer, then he told me that he found another vehicle so is no longer interested . He already paid the shipping charges . The shipping is free i will take care of it and i will send the car with all the papers( title , vehicle registration, warranty papers,transfer papers etc ) . You will get a 5 days testing period after delivery . During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money . I am just waiting your full name , full address(street,city,state,zip) and phone number to complete the shipping papers and start the delivery process.

Looking forward to hear from you,
          Steven

Quick VIN search shows this car is for sale by a dealer in CA. The pics this 'Steve' guy used were pulled directly from the real ad. All he did was blank out the license plate in the 1 pic...

Tool.

Anyone want to join in a use this guys email to sign him up for stuff?
          steven_morris30@msn.com
          Ben
          Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
          April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
          May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
          October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
          October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
          Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

Comment

My wife watches that show on MTV about pregnant 16 year olds and the one fell for it and sold her car, shipped it. and then the check bounced. What I find funny about it was that MTV didn't warn her, and it was so obviously a scam

Comment

Originally posted by JeffNJM3 View Post
              My wife watches that show on MTV about pregnant 16 year olds and the one fell for it and sold her car, shipped it. and then the check bounced. What I find funny about it was that MTV didn't warn her, and it was so obviously a scam
              Really what episode was that just wondering
              Originally posted by InuFaye
              silver is old man color car. you need dat BRO-SECA BLUE.
              Originally posted by blunttech
              so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist
              Originally posted by george graves
              An S5x is like the girl you want to marry - an m30 is the girl you don't bring home to mom.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffNJM3 View Post
                Need to see this for the lulz!

Comment

i dont know, i dont really pay attention

Comment

Working...
                  X