Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior/Exterior Colors

Hey,

Planning out a few changes to my car that are going to start once finals are over and I had a questions. I have a Lachssilber-Metallic car with a grey interior but I've always wanted a red car. So I was planning on painting it red but I think with a grey interior this would look horrible. Should I wait an get a black interior or suck it up and get the paintjob I want? Anyone have mis matched interiors?

I am also going to look into dying seats, grey to black, with some leatherique or something. I assume grey should be able to go to black fairly easily and my seats are in decent condition. Has anyone dyed before?

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Cheers,
    Aaron
    r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

I don't think red on grey would look all that bad...

On the other hand Lachssilber is one of my favorite colors on the e30. I say get a red (oxblood, crimson?) interior in your current car, and buy another e30 if you want a red one.
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Fuck's sake. Red e30s are a dime a dozen, why would you color change a lachssilber one?
      '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
      '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

^ this.

keep it lachssilber. put in a red interior.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

I have to agree, I love red E30's but a red interior on lachssilber would be awesome.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Lachssilber seems too bland for me and I can't picture that with a nice set of rims and lowered a bit. I also can't afford to buy another E30, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find an engine for this one and will likely have to ship it from 3000km away.

But as I typed that I have seen a red 325ix, early model, parked near where I live for a while now and not moved. Maybe I'll inquire about it... Pictures to come!
            r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Here's a red interior:

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie30 View Post
                Here's a red interior:

That looks awful
                Originally posted by e30lov
                sweet a mk4 jetta, haven't seen one of them for about 14 seconds
                Adventures of an E30

Comment

Can't remember who's car this is, but, baller.
                  Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                  You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post

Can't remember who's car this is, but, baller.
                    Great looking car, his name is dinanm3atl.

Comment

That bright red is awful.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post

That bright red is awful.

That's not cardinal is it? If it isn't, I have those door cards for a coupe. I thought I bought cardinal door cards but it ended up being darker.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

Sometimes the lighting or camera flash makes cardinal red look brighter than it actually is. The once car pictured above is probably darker in person.
                          -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                          '95 525iT
                          '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                          '98 Disco 1

Comment

Working...
                          X