? for any one with this Center armrest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? for any one with this Center armrest?

Does any one else have this center armrest in there car? Does it interfer with shifting any? My new e30 came with one brand new in the box never installed. I can't decided if I want to install it or not. I mainly don't want anything in the way of my arm when shifting.[/url]
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

I'll buy it

Comment

I have one and love it. It does NOT interfere with shifting at all if installed in the proper location, as I suppose it could be installed too far forward. Mine is great and it would be really weird not to have it now. Do it man, you'll love it.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

I'll probally install it when the interior goes back in, The PO purchased it brand new almost 10 years ago and never installed it :| The box was nice and moldy but armrest is still mint.
        Right now the car is gutted, I installed the roll bar this morning and bolted in the front seats for the time being. The carpet and all rear panels are out to be cleaned. Then they'll go back in.

Comment

I have one in my eta. I need to go and yank it, and put it in my touring. It didn't interfere with shifting at all, as previously mentioned just push it all the way back. I'm so used to it, I'm always reaching for it in my new car. def worth it.
          Originally posted by blunt
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

doesn't really interfere with shifting, but the damn thing vibrates and generally drives me nuts. I like it more for the armrest than the cupholder, but eventually I'm going to remove it.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

keep it tight and it won't rattle. or line felt or something wherever metal hits metal.

yea, the cupholders weren't that great, but they definately worked. it was at least a place to put my drink, and it never fell out. sucks without it, actually.

but yes, the main part of this piece is the armrest
              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I assume the one in the picture is mounted correctly? seems far forward. Bu that's the bolt the directions say to bolt it to. I'll probally install on a rear consule that's not the best I have so I don't drill holes into a mint one.

Comment

Ely, mine doesn't rattle, but again, I suppose one could. Agreed on the cupholder thing, this is mainly for the armrest. I do use the cupholders occasionally, but I don't do a lot of eating and drinking in my car anyway.

For reference this is where mine is mounted(if the angle is any good):

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Ely, That looks like the one tht I have. As long as it is slid all the way back it doesn't interfere with shifting at all. Now if you a have a girl in the car with you, then that's a different story... :P

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                      I assume the one in the picture is mounted correctly? seems far forward. Bu that's the bolt the directions say to bolt it to. I'll probally install on a rear consule that's not the best I have so I don't drill holes into a mint one.
                      you can slide the whole armrest back and forth. mine's all the way back and it's perfect.

maybe mine rattles because it's old, but it still annoys the fuck out of me. :P
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ya Matt that thing was a Pain in the ASS when trying to do the dash swap. I didn't realize I could of unbolted it from the E-brake mount so I wiggled the front consule out around it
                        But I swapped the dash on the 85 Wednesday so it's good to go. I didn't notice it in the way now that I think about it when I drove your car down the road and back.

Comment

I think the directions may say to position the armrest itself so the cupholders face forward, like toward the e-brake. i dont know why. put it so the cupholders extend to the back of the car and it will be fine

although my girlfriend did try to give me road head in the eta, it didn't work too well with the shifter and that armrest in the way. Save the roadhead for highway driving lol

Comment

Hey, it's my interior.

I love the armrest, makes long highway hauls very comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
                              I think the directions may say to position the armrest itself so the cupholders face forward, like toward the e-brake. i dont know why. put it so the cupholders extend to the back of the car and it will be fine

although my girlfriend did try to give me road head in the eta, it didn't work too well with the shifter and that armrest in the way. Save the roadhead for highway driving lol
                              Yeah, cupholders facing the back is best and the road head was what I was referring to. Make sure she is flexible!

Comment

Working...
                              X