Possible first e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible first e30?

Basically I found an e30 for 700 dollars with about 280 000 km , bad news is

needs a new auto tranny, also needs AT LEAST a new pair of rear shocks and lives about an hour away..
    He also said theres some rack seepage, but he says its fine works perfectly without any major indication of anything going on, also stated he replaced the radiator hosing and the plugs as well.

I'd probably be spending on around 200 for the cost of going there.. and probbaly another 200-400 for the shocks and tranny is it worth it?

If it is worth it what else should I ask him?

ALSO I'm on a pretty tight budget nothing more than 2000

pics of the car

Last edited by Giormelo; 03-30-2011, 09:11 PM.

hellz yeah dude! just make sure there's minimal rust...5 speed swap+upgraded rack and you've got a sweet DD.

Comment

bumpp come on help a guy out!

Comment

Looks pretty damn good to me if you dont mind turning some wrenches, rear shocks are no big deal at all. It is likely to need a lot of other stuff so don't think that.... the cost of the car+the cost of picking it up+ fixing what p.o. admits is wrong with it= a well sorted out car. It likely needs hundreds of more dollars in maintenance parts.

Comment

based on the condition of the rear valence, id say its pretty damn rust free.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Yeah go for it.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Did some calculations, renting a truck from u-haul and trailer bed with the whole cost of renting everything and distance it would be about 200 - 250 with gas back and fourth. Distance is about 105 km / 65mi,

So all in all 700 for car + 200-400 tranny/rear suspension + 250 going coming back = 1350 for car

Is this worth it? There are OTHER e30s in my nearby area but double the price 2000 - 3000 and usually decent amount of rust or the owner not knowing much about the car..

Comment

Go for it, Swap in a G260 and delete power steering.
                1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Go for it!
                  - 86' 325i SOLD
                  - 90 318is

Comment

Dont hesitate any longer just get it

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
                    Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
                    I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

The only reason I'm hesitating is because the distance mainly and showing up and seeing that theres more problems than mentioned, so in short

What should I ask him about the car? Hes already responded to many of my questions and seems pretty informed so?

Comment

its a late model, great color, minimal rust for your location, cool interior, your pretty much straight.
                        Your gonna do the DIY work anyways.. the suspension needs to be replaced anyways if it hasnt.

& now you can do 5 speed swap. yay!!

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
                        Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
                        I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

ride a civic(35mpg) to go check it out first. if you like it rent a uhaul w/ trailer and tow it home. fix it up and ride...pretty simple if you like wrenching...
                          Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Sounds like a good idea but id really like if you guys could tell me what i should ask him about the car? So i dont waste a trip there, come on guys! What should i ask?

Comment

the same thing you'd ask if you were looking at any car? you're getting a $700 car dude!

Originally posted by IminDiegoTriick
                              its a late model, great color, minimal rust for your location, cool interior, your pretty much straight.
                              Your gonna do the DIY work anyways.. the suspension needs to be replaced anyways if it hasnt.

& now you can do 5 speed swap. yay!!
                              ^^^^
                              people buy $700 shells all the time. as long as he performed the basic maintenance and there are few signs of neglect that car should be solid.

the "problems" you listed are actually shortcomings for that car IMO. 5 speed tranny and upgraded suspension is an absolute must for any e30.

Comment

Working...
                              X