i want pity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want pity

so, im driving to church, of all places, on christmas eve, and my car has been making this funny noise all night. well, it wasnt funny, the lifters were clicking, and it was a little loud, but since i knew i had a hole in my muffler before, and i also knew i wasnt low on oil, i didnt think anything of it...
    ...anyway im about fthree miles from anything and i heard this sort of thud, or bang, or clank. and i think i blew my fucking car up, so i hit the clutch, but it keeps running. although i heard this clatter every here and there, like a lifter sticking like crazy. this worries me, especially because everytime the clatter comes, i can feel it through the clutch pedal. and then there another clank, and then theres this rhythmic clank, clank, clank....
    i drove the rest to the way to the church, and i am fairly confident that if i havent thrown a rod, i will the next time i start the fucking thing. granted, i only spent five hundred dollars on the car. and granted i knew it didnt have too much life left in it, considering that some anonymous person had already put 198 thousand miles on it. but all the same, im sad to see it go, especially since i have absolutely jack shitt saved.

anyway, i only expect minimal pity for that, the bad part is that it looks like my next car is going to be an 1988 buick century...
    this american beast comes equipped with a 4tech two point two liter fo' banger which producing a supercar scaring 110 hp at the flywheel, transmitted to the wheels bya cutting edge three speed automatic, with tree shifter . it weighs in at a feather light 2950 pounds, and makes me quiver with excitment every time i sit in it.
    so basically as soon as i scrounge up another five hundred ill be driving the only thing less fun than my previous car, fun fun fuuuun.

LOOK AT THAT BEAST!!!!
    show me an m3 that can take it, try it...
    BAM! bandit...

ouch, tough blow.
    98 M3/4/5

Comment

what are the specs on your car? i mean, how is the body/interior? i may be interested
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

For some reason most teens that drive 80's Buick Centurys and Chevrolet Celebrity's

Look like this:

Seriously well atleast in my area they look like Benji from Good Charlotte.

All the punky people in my area drive those kind of cars along with the K cars.

I really dont understand but i guess i will never understand

BTW i hope you dont look like those people

Comment

I should pity you. At least my ride is this beauty:

HAHA

I've been cruisin in it for 3 months now. I'm about to get my cylinder head fixed with a new cam, but no rush......I'm pimpin the Buick! 8)

sorry to hear it man. Hopefully you won't be too long in that old Buick.

Comment

if you knew you were low on oil, why didn't you fill it up?? :shock:
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
              if you knew you were low on oil, why didn't you fill it up?? :shock:
              He said he knew he wasn't low on oil...

Comment

um.............lifters? ..............what kind of car are we talking about here? ( hmm........he must have a chevy v8 under the hood) sorry to be an ass I just had to point it out.

Comment

rod bearing... hey 90hp... where in columbus are you? Im in dublin

Comment

Originally posted by KidneyBoy
                    rod bearing... hey 90hp... where in columbus are you? Im in dublin
                    Hey, how about people actually start putting cars in their signature lines so we have a clue as to what you're making reference too.

-Charlie
                    also a dubliner.
                    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                    FYYFF

Comment

Im from Gahanna Ohio, lemme know if you need any help with fixing stuff....

Comment

Your an idiot.
                        「 Terror from the Rising Sun 」

Comment

Originally posted by kidrobot
                          Your an idiot.
                          people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. and you, my friend; you're in the glass house
                          Originally posted by blunt
                          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

ok, ok, ok, im not going to bother quoting everyone who im going to respond to. number one, i do in fact, not look like that bitch from good charlotte, and if i didnt think you were joking, i'd be offended.
                            second, liters? liters of oil in my engine??? my engine holds about 2.5 liters of oil at capacity. and ive heard of engines that hold alooot more that 2.5 liters of oil. for someone who seems to think they know enough about cars to point out my foibles, you sure dont know much.
                            third, sorry for being so vague, i drive an '88 toyota corrolla sr5, nothing youd be interested in buying, but i have a real wood momo shift knob that was taken out of an E36 325is, i suppose i could sell that, but i should really give it back to justin, he gave it to me out of his parts car. uhhhhhhhhhh. appearantly the rod isnt thrown, but im not fixing the damn thing anymore, i'll sell it for 350 as a whole if you want a beater you can fix and drive, i suppose.
                            god, im trying to think if im forgetting anything. oh!
                            im not buying the buick after all, my father purchased said buick as an emergency beater (you know when your car goes into the shop and you dont know how long or if its ever going to come back, so you buy a beater until things clear up) and i figured, you know, since i took good care of my car, and really need to be able to drive, to get to school and work and all, he'd sell it to me, but instead he's giving it to my sister, who is notorious for trashing perfectly good cars within months.
                            so, check out the post i made about needing a beater.im rambling, everyone's gotten their response, no more...
                            BAM! bandit...

Comment

Working...
                            X