No announcement yet.

Watch out! ...... CRUNCH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES!!! after 3 months of crap luck it's on the road again!!

just needs an alignment now. I'm replacing the ellipsoid adjusting bushings (the little black clips on the ends of the screws) tonight so it's drivable at night.

Just a quick question R3V... I've never even replaced tie rod ends before let alone an entire steering rack. The tie rod ends went into the hole too easy and I have a good bit of the bolt poking through the nut is there a specific tightness these nuts have to be? just go until it stops? thanks again!
    09/1989 325i 4 Door
    +M30 Swap
    +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

hey hearing a squeal coming from the engine and it's overheating. I'm thinking it's the belt needing some tensioning but I'm pretty sure my belt tensioner's teeth are worn down further up so I can't tighten it anymore. what do you guys think?

should I just go to a junkyard and get a new alternator bracket/tensioner assembly?

thanks for any input. It's an M30 by the way if it matters.
      09/1989 325i 4 Door
      +M30 Swap
      +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

here's what's not letting me try to tighten the belt anymore to see if it is in fact the belt being too loose that's not allowing the water pump to cycle the coolant efficiently.

part number 9's teeth are worn so it just sits on the last usable tooth and does not go up anymore.

I'm thinking of just replacing it if I can find it for cheap, what do you guys think? Here's the link with part numbers and everything: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...75&hg=12&fg=21
        09/1989 325i 4 Door
        +M30 Swap
        +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

Blunt Tech FTW!!! Dealership wanted close to $60, Steve had them for $9 and some change shipped and everything.
          09/1989 325i 4 Door
          +M30 Swap
          +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

hey guys,

Help me get back on the road, I'm almost done with the car after having it sit there for almost 3 months. The tensioner adjusting bar wore out and I'm trying to get a new one but I can't seem to find the correct one. If it makes sense, the ones I keep finding are too narrow. The one that was installed on there is narrow where it mounts to the engine and wide on the other end to fit the alternator.

The one I found at the junkyard AND the one I ordered brand new from Blunt Tech was narrow all the way through and did not open up at one end to allow for the alternator to slide in. If anyone can find me the part number that would be awesome!! thanks R3v.

p.s. I'll post pictures soon. It's part number 9 up there except mine has a hole right on top where part number 9 is just flat.
            09/1989 325i 4 Door
            +M30 Swap
            +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

hey... anybody got the part number fo dis?

What's the Part #? by Heysusable, on Flickr
              09/1989 325i 4 Door
              +M30 Swap
              +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

Here's another shot. This is all I need to get the car running guys. 6 pack of beer shipped to whoever gets it right! Blunt Tech is also in on the race :D

Guess that Part #! by Heysusable, on Flickr
                09/1989 325i 4 Door
                +M30 Swap
                +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

Post up the latest carnage!

What broke?
                  Bolt #3

or where they pass through Part #1?

I can't believe the luck you have with this car.

M52B28 OBD1 - G240 - S4.10
                  Stuff for Sale: 24v swap parts

Comment

haha you're mean.

yeah guys... driving it after a few months of it sitting around. New z3 steering rack, new tie rod inners and outers, new alternator belt tensioner... I figured better take it easy the first few days to see if anything is weird. So after a few days of driving no more than 5 miles away from my house for food or car parts I decide to go pick up my girlfriend from her house. (She's excited that she doesn't have to drive my sad sack around anymore.)

She's about a 15 minute drive from me and definitely the longest I'd driven it since I got it on the road again. We're on our way to get something to eat on a 35 mph road and I'm following the speed limit just talking to her and out of nowhere I hear a loud clank and feel the whole car jerk for a second. I thought I'd ran over an invisible cinder block or something and then I hear a rhythmic scraping and I automatically thought it was something with my newly installed parts. Did I forget a bolt somewhere?

Nope, the damn front passenger's side brake caliper decided to hop off, I guess he was tired of this shit too. I made it to a gas station right as my brakes were completely gone. I used the curb to stop me into a parking lot while I waited for the tow truck.

Pics up soon, thanks for reminding me rightcoastbias.
                    09/1989 325i 4 Door
                    +M30 Swap
                    +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

Working...
                    X