Hey all!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all!!

Hows it going lads and ladies? This just happens to be my introduction to the forum. I have been lurking for a couple weeks now just getting a feel for the place. I recently purchased my very first european car in the form of a 1986 BMW 325es. It's in really decent condition for a 25 year old car with 185K on the clock. It has one bent valve, a crappy shifter bushing, and the entire rear end assembly makes awesome clunking noises when I go around slow turns. I also have a hesitation at 1800 rpm that I can't explain, so help me out ;). I'm working on finding replacement polyurethane bushings for the rear as well as some bigger antisway bars. The car's general idea is, lowered with the same angle stance, wheels, exhaust, and maybe some headwork. Just to keep it running strong and getting all the kinks worked out. Once the kinks are taken care of and money rolls in, it will be getting either a V12 or a V8 swap. It depends on what comes up affordably first. I'm nuts and have a good bit of access to materials and fabrication equipment. So that should be no problem. I also love ridiculous cars, so this one will be right along that route.
    Some more about me, I'm a welder/fabricator at a petrol tank repair shop in Jacksonville FL. I've been playing with Japanese cars for about ten years now. Drift, road course, autoX. This is my first euro and I'm enjoying it. I'm married to an awesome chick with an 8 week old boy hanging out at the house too.

That's it for me, if you can give me leads on what my issue with the hesitation might be, just lmk, and I'm still looking for bushings.

Thanks all!!
    Don't let what you want overshadow your love and happiness for what you already posess.

Imported cars are like imported women, they only really scream when you put something big and American in them.

Welcome!
    Originally posted by Sonny
    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Sup brah. Welcome and shit...
      Yours truly,
      Rich
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Rigmaster
      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Welcome to the greatest forum in the world!
        sigpic

Comment

velcome
          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
          LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
            Welcome to the second greatest social networking in the world! facebook is number one
            fixed;)
            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Intro thread without pics is like woman out of kitchen.

Must post now.

Originally posted by StewStewIloveyouyou
              hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah f--- this community its like am making my life with you guys
              And am making my life with you guy too. ;)

Comment

I will as soon as I can. Trying to figure out how to do it from iPhone. May have to wait til this evening from the laptop
                Don't let what you want overshadow your love and happiness for what you already posess.

Imported cars are like imported women, they only really scream when you put something big and American in them.

Comment

Originally posted by zxert View Post
                  Intro thread without pics is like woman out of kitchen.

Must post now.
                  She's gotta go to the store and get bread and cold cuts for a sammich sometime.
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                    She's gotta go to the store and get bread and cold cuts for a sammich sometime.
                    That happens while you are at work.
                    No excuses.
                    1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Alright guys, tried as hard as I could to do this from the phone, if it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try something different. Lola is the only red BMW on this link I'm pretty sure. I couldn't get the IMG code to copy, so here is a link to the album.

Comment

aslong as the e30 doesn't end up looking like those sketched on your photobuckt, i'll approve. welcome and good luck with your e30/black hole. could be /many things..... lol

Comment

Contact Levent at Guten Parts (ZM Blue Devil on this board). His store provides great one-stop shopping for your E30 needs, whether they be mundane or exotic.

www.gutenparts.com FTW!
                          Originally posted by LJ851
                          kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                          ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                          #teamross
                          Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                            aslong as the e30 doesn't end up looking like those sketched on your photobuckt, i'll approve. welcome and good luck with your e30/black hole. could be /many things..... lol
                            Will definitely be a black hole for sure. I'm already on the prowl for some decent coilovers and some nice 16s. Don't know which way I want to go with the wheels. I plan on the plastic bumper swap just as soon as I can get all the pieces together, and a paint scheme worked up. I have some buds who can get me painted decently cheap in metallic. So I might do a burnt orange/black combo. I just don't know yet. As for the sketches, I already have one drawn up for Lola, just gotta post it.

Comment

welcome to the money pit!!! lolz
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                              ---------------------------------
                              89 E30 S52
                              ---------------------------------
                              Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X