Is this a problem? *Driveshaft related*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a problem? *Driveshaft related*

So I had my driveshaft rebuilt(balanced&new u-joints) over a year ago, and I already destroyed a new CSB & Guibo.

When it was installed, I also put in aluminum motor/trans mounts, delrin diff bushing, & stgIII South Bend Clutch w/ JB Flywheel. Now, my driveshaft has always been like this and I've been told it's not a problem...but I am curious if I was fed bull shit.

>>> The giant nut that tightens down in front of CSB and mates a 2-piece shaft together is always loose. No matter how tight i make it, the two pieces can slide apart when out of the car. Why the fuck does this happen? I hear it's common and I want to know why. Also, how to fix it if possible. I'd like to get this figured out before I take it back to Rack&Axle to be rebalanced..

Originally posted by Ryan...
    It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
    The giant nut that tightens down in front of CSB and mates a 2-piece shaft together is always loose. No matter how tight i make it, the two pieces can slide apart when out of the car. Why the fuck does this happen? I hear it's common and I want to know why. Also, how to fix it if possible. I'd like to get this figured out before I take it back to Rack&Axle to be rebalanced..
    Mine does this and I have zero problems. The nut isn't loose, but the shaft easily slides... Depending, I wouldn't be too worried about it unless you have some awful subframe bushings..
    Now, when it came apart outside of the car, did it go back together the same way as it originally was?

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

There is a plastic piece and a little metal ring underneath that nut. When you tighten the nut its supposed to compress the plastic and lock the driveshaft together. Sounds like yours is finished. Parts are cheap.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

thanks mate. Don't suppose you have those part #'s? couldn't find anything on Pelican.

It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
          Mine does this and I have zero problems. The nut isn't loose, but the shaft easily slides... Depending, I wouldn't be too worried about it unless you have some awful subframe bushings..
          Now, when it came apart outside of the car, did it go back together the same way as it originally was?
          yes it comes apart and goes back together the same way. I'm tired of my driveshaft falling apart every time I take it out and the small play it leaves makes an annoying noise.

Comment

Check realoem, they probably have a diagram.

Comment

Nice. Okay, so 12 & 13 would be it, yes?

Comment

I had that same problem with mine. I wasnt shredding guibos but #11 and #12 would always make this metal rattling noise. It was so annoying and I could not get the nut to stay tight so i just took it off... Not sure if it was the best idea, but I havent had any problems.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                Ig:ryno_pzk
                I like the tuna here.
                Originally posted by lambo
                Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
                X