1 Series M discontinued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Series M discontinued

Did you pick up your 2011 BMW 1 Series M? If not, you may be paying a lot more for one down the road. The pricey German sports coupe will be produced through the end of this year... and then it's done. According to TheDetroitBureau.com, BMW admits that its latest sex toy pumped-up two-door will have a very limited run of one model year.

That's not to say we won't see another version on the future. However, it could be several years before that happens, which should make the current (and only) crop of BMW 1 Series M cars quite collectible.

After reading TDB's report, we pressed BMW for some more insight into the matter, and received confirmation that the current 1 Series M is only sticking around for the 2011 model year. The next generation 1 Series is at least two-and-a-half to three years away, which is too much time to speculate on a future 1 Series M. Curious as to how many 2011 1 Series M coupes will be produced? So are we, and BMW can only share that "less than 1,000 units" will be produced in 2011.

Said another way... get in line. Now.
    Cool move by BMW, this will be a serious collectors car now.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Nothing new there. They've said before there was a good chance of it only being a 1 year run.

Comment

Wow, those are going to be worth something.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Consider a few will get totalled immediately, the number will reduce even more

G.Verelli

Comment

This sucks, that's the one new BMW I would ever want to own...
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Well, I guess I will never get one now.
            '02 Outback wagon
            '87 325is 5sp
            '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

good, it was ugly.
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

This is really a downer. I was seriously thinking fo one of these down the road. Looks like I'll have to wait even longer, at least until the depreciation cycle hits bottom, which is likely to be a really shallow curve anyway.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

MY buddy ordered one a while go so I am still good to pick up with him towards the end of the year in SC...

Comment

Originally posted by gverelli View Post
                    Consider a few will get totalled immediately, the number will reduce even more
                    then they will be called RARE...lol
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                    ---------------------------------
                    89 E30 S52
                    ---------------------------------
                    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

I thought this car was an experiment and the next 1M is supposed to have a 4banger?
                      sigpic
                      "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Kinda cool and disappointing at the same time. I really actually wanted to get one of these eventually. Guess that most likely wont be happening now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          good, it was ugly.
                          Gonna have to agree. The aero on it looked like one of those carved-up candles they sell at the fair. Bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                            Kinda cool and disappointing at the same time. I really actually wanted to get one of these eventually. Guess that most likely wont be happening now.
                            I concur with all of this.... It was the first car in a while that they have produced that gave me the same type of desire the E30 ///M gave me..... granted with much more weight. It does somewhat piss me off that the one time they decide to make a "light" enthusiast car, they pull this shit.

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

If I was actually looking to buy, I would have just gotten the 135i, I think it looks better and is way cheaper, and you can do a hell of a lot still with the m54

Comment

Working...
                              X