Opinions on how to go about this setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on how to go about this setup?

Full e30 m3 suspension/Ground Control coilovers minus the front struts.
    -Spring rates are 650f/900r
    -Housings aren't shortened, just modified.
    -Very new rear half shafts, nearly new front hubs, brakes and pads have probably 90% life on them, rebuilt front and rear calipers (not shown),
    -rear subframe has weld in toe/camber adjustments installed
    -trailing arms have what appears to be swaybar mount reinforcements welded in
    -The coilover setup from Ground Control look in really awesome condition, as well as the plethora of up-to-date maintenance parts that lead me to believe they haven't been ran much at all.

Now, I don't particularly need them but they are pretty cool just to have and throw onto another worthy project car. I have options.

I was thinking of having a set of bilstein sports revalved and shortened for this setup, lower the spring rates to 440f/650r and making them very streetable or, finish the set with proper custom GC Konis, and throw them on a full-fledged track car project.

What would you pay for these in the condition they are in, with everything in the pictures? Front and rear calipers and rear subframe bolts included.

Not selling, just getting ideas of which way to go with this one.

Last edited by phreshkid; 05-31-2011, 03:27 PM.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

$1000
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

If you are not selling why are you asking what we would pay? We are glad you got a good deal, really. dick.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Too soon.

Personally, I'd keep the springs, shocks, adjusters, and plates. I don't ever see myself needing an M3 5-lug setup. I ain't that hardcore.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I didn't say I was selling them, I was just curious what you guys thought about which direction should be considered. I can sit on them, run them, or sell them. Either way works for me.

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          Too soon.

Personally, I'd keep the springs, shocks, adjusters, and plates. I don't ever see myself needing an M3 5-lug setup. I ain't that hardcore.

Yeah I don't need them either. They are cool to have and were a good deal so I bought them.
          sigpic

Comment

Isn't that the set on craigslist that you picked up and are now trying to flip them ? Good job.. I will give you 50$

My Build

Comment

Dunno you or what your car looks like but it seems to me you can do this 1 of 2 ways...use the entire kit and get 5 lug wheels or separate the GC's from the 5 lug suspension. btw, are you missing one of the knuckles on that M3 front strut?
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                Dunno you or what your car looks like but it seems to me you can do this 1 of 2 ways...use the entire kit and get 5 lug wheels or separate the GC's from the 5 lug suspension. btw, are you missing one of the knuckles on that M3 front strut?

Yes unfortunately I am. I'll go ahead and grab another knuckle to complete the set, then grab koni fronts, the upper nylon cones, the rear adjusters, and the rear adjuster nuts from Mark and complete the coilovers as well.

I'll probably end up running these but cash does talk in my eyes.

Cars will be cars, but houses won't buy themselves.
                Time to think bigger and more extreme.
                sigpic

Comment

Do you have the caliper carriers also? Sucks you're missing one knuckle, that's going to be hell to find.

That's easily a $2500 haul. Just the e30 M3 5-lug stuff is worth $1500 these days.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                  '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                  '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                  '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
                    Do you have the caliper carriers also? Sucks you're missing one knuckle, that's going to be hell to find.

That's easily a $2500 haul. Just the e30 M3 5-lug stuff is worth $1500 these days.
                    I'm pretty sure I have everything and I've already contacted blunt and a new knuckle is on it's way. Thanks man.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X