Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did your grandma put this stuff on her living room furniture like mine did? No doubt this is a grandma car!

1975 Plymouth Valiant Custom - $6495

When was the last time you saw one of these??
    Gramma's little grocery getter and Sunday to Church and Bingo, ordered new in 1975.
    Ziebart Rustproofed at the dealership before delivery.
    Seat covers installed at the dealership before delivery.
    ALWAYS GARAGE KEPT!
    Runs like New with the Famous Slant 6 225 paired with automatic transmission.
    This car was NEVER SMOKED IN, EVER!
    Power Steering, Power Brakes, Day Night Mirror, Factory AM radio, Glove Box Light, Vinyl Top, Crank Windows, Pull Emergency Brake, Map Light, Head Rests, Front Fender Turn Signal Indicators, Wheel Well Stone Guards.
    The ONLY rust spot is at the bottom of the right rear corner, below the gas fill.
    A 44 year old time capsule with ONLY 37,338 ORIGINAL MILES!
    Pa. State Inspected until 8/2019
    New brakes, Shocks, Oil Change, Filter, Tune Up.
    Hop in and drive across the country with No Worries!
    Be prepaired to have people honk at you, give you thumbs up's, and talk to you everywhere you take "Katie Mae"
    I can't afford the storage, and she is Too Nice to let sit outside.
    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

My dad had a Pontiac Grand-Am that had that on the back seat...so weird. Plus it was a Grand-Am lol
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
        Did your grandma put this stuff on her living room furniture like mine did? No doubt this is a grandma car!

1975 Plymouth Valiant Custom - $6495

When was the last time you saw one of these??
        Gramma's little grocery getter and Sunday to Church and Bingo, ordered new in 1975.
        Ziebart Rustproofed at the dealership before delivery.
        Seat covers installed at the dealership before delivery.
        ALWAYS GARAGE KEPT!
        Runs like New with the Famous Slant 6 225 paired with automatic transmission.
        This car was NEVER SMOKED IN, EVER!
        Power Steering, Power Brakes, Day Night Mirror, Factory AM radio, Glove Box Light, Vinyl Top, Crank Windows, Pull Emergency Brake, Map Light, Head Rests, Front Fender Turn Signal Indicators, Wheel Well Stone Guards.
        The ONLY rust spot is at the bottom of the right rear corner, below the gas fill.
        A 44 year old time capsule with ONLY 37,338 ORIGINAL MILES!
        Pa. State Inspected until 8/2019
        New brakes, Shocks, Oil Change, Filter, Tune Up.
        Hop in and drive across the country with No Worries!
        Be prepaired to have people honk at you, give you thumbs up's, and talk to you everywhere you take "Katie Mae"
        I can't afford the storage, and she is Too Nice to let sit outside.
        That's a fun piece of automotive history. Real nostalgia. Wish I could.
        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
          That's a fun piece of automotive history. Real nostalgia. Wish I could.
          It will be like seeing a totally stock 1990 M40 powered E30 in another 15 years. Neat, but ultimately rather pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
            All good, bud...let the liquor flow through you, Bobander
            I'll let the liquor do the thinkin

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              It will be like seeing a totally stock 1990 M40 powered E30 in another 15 years. Neat, but ultimately rather pointless.
              A car is a car... or can it be more?

The nostalgia offered in that Plymouth?! Shit, they don't even exist as a brand anymore. The E30 will still have its logo on current cars and dealer signs, with parts available.

That Plymouth is not pointless. No car really is. Ultimately these are road faring devices. The E30 takes you on twisty roads; the Plymouth here takes you to church and the Ground Round for dinner afterwards. All four of ya's in the front seat.
              ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions is the best place to buy and sell vintage and classic vehicles - Porsche, BMW, Land Rover, and more.

Hows this??

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...

Comment

This has been my favorite car for years. I have owned this BMW since 2005. Yes, it does have a lot of miles now and needs someone who wants a great antique classic to restore. This 325is is a rare car and still runs great, but not perfect. To be honest, the car needs attention and some money put into it to become a $10,000. car. This BMW is original inside and out; but the a/c needs a low pressure switch and speedometer doesn't work. By industry standards, it's due a timing belt and this is a ZERO tolerance motor. The interior is great but the dash needs to be replaced as it does have age cracks from the sun. I have to say again that this BMW is a collector's antique and not for daily driving. Great for weekends or a car show project I'm asking $5000.00 because of its rarity and its original condition. If you are reading this, you already know about this car and would know this car originally cast $32,000.00 when new. I have to say this car has been a blast to drive and it was my work car (22 miles daily) for years. I'm sure this car will bring that certain someone who has a little time and a little money a lot of joy and happiness for years!
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I'm asking $5000.00 because of its rarity and its original condition.

this BMW is a collector's antique and not for daily driving.

it was my work car (22 miles daily) for years

All that, and pictures straight from 2002, what's not to love?

Comment

Originally posted by Cptcarisma View Post
                      Link just sends me to their home page?
                      Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a S62-Powered 2003 BMW 540i Touring M Sport 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,909.

I’m not the best at the copy & paste. Hope this works...

CAPP. :-)

Comment

cool sport package car manual too
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto...828656014.html

This has been my favorite car for years. I have owned this BMW since 2005. Yes, it does have a lot of miles now and needs someone who wants a great antique classic to restore. This 325is is a rare car and still runs great, but not perfect. To be honest, the car needs attention and some money put into it to become a $10,000. car. This BMW is original inside and out; but the a/c needs a low pressure switch and speedometer doesn't work. By industry standards, it's due a timing belt and this is a ZERO tolerance motor. The interior is great but the dash needs to be replaced as it does have age cracks from the sun. I have to say again that this BMW is a collector's antique and not for daily driving. Great for weekends or a car show project I'm asking $5000.00 because of its rarity and its original condition. If you are reading this, you already know about this car and would know this car originally cast $32,000.00 when new. I have to say this car has been a blast to drive and it was my work car (22 miles daily) for years. I'm sure this car will bring that certain someone who has a little time and a little money a lot of joy and happiness for years!
                            "original condition". This car looks like someone wanted a American muscle car but only had a E30. The shift knob/boot, seats and Goodyear tires are so out of place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Jacked up paint, but rust-free. Strong price.

1989 E30 325ix - $2600

For sale is my 1989 e30 325ix 5 speed.

225k working odometer recently painted and manual swapped. It runs drives and stops perfectly but it's been off the road for 2 year. Would recommend going through it and at least doing an oil change before daily driving it. I daily drove this for years before parking it.
                              All suspension has been upgraded to polly. Has stainless steel lines and an adjustable rear subframe. Upgraded sway bars and bilstein shocks and struts. Owner before me went through the entire car cut out any rust there was and replaced also re sealed and coated everything underneath. Head appears to have been gone through at some point as the inside of the crank case is silver instead of the normal oil soaked brown.

I painted the car myself and made a few mistake but the paint I used is very high quality. Trans I just put in is making noise sounds like it has a bad bearing inside the trans. It doesn't affect the way the car drives at all but you hear it when driving. I have a spare ix trans i can make a deal with.

Transfer car is extremely strong and awd works perfect.

I can send a video of it running. Over all the car isn't perfect most e30's you see won't be. This is probably the one of the cheapest ix's you'll see for sale and it has no rust. Most ix's are rusted gone at this point.

$3000 with basket weaves and snow tires
                              $2600 with bottle caps with tires that should be replaced

Comment

At the other end of the spectrum...

1987 BMW 325ic, Euro, 78k miles, 5spd, AC Schnitzer - $17000 (San Antonio)

Selling a 78k mile, Euro Conversion, AC Schnitzer fitted, 1987 325ic with a 5-Speed Manual Transmission. The reason for the sale is because of our new baby. The hardtop does not leak and has a redone headliner in black. I'll be as detailed as possible in the listing with pictures matching any defects. Asking price: $17k

History: I purchased this car as the fourth owner in the summer of 2015 after my 91 325i was totaled. The car was garaged and used for dates and dinners by the previous owner. From what the previous owner told me, the car has never seen snow since it was originally a North Carolina vehicle and the body shows. The car has been in climate-controlled storage for the past few years in New York. Once we moved to San Antonio, the car has always been garaged with no leaks. All work including the 5-speed manual swap was done by Dennis at OMG Motorworks, a reputable E30/BMW Shop in Long Island, NY.

Exterior: This car has all original paint except for the ACS body kit, and the hood. It's overall in solid condition and matches the low mileage on the car but is not perfect. The original owner fitted red stripes on the car, which were removed, revealing a darker shade from the original paint and a few spots where the paint lifted. The metal on the euro bumpers are very clean with minimal to no rust. The rear metal bumper chrome has a scuffmark on it noticeable from certain angles. All of the exterior moldings have been replaced including windshield, driver, passenger, and rear and trunk seal.

Interior: The car currently has coupe seats in the front with vert seats in the rear. I would rate the interior a 9/10. The door cards, rear seats, passenger seat, dash, center console, and carpet are immaculate. The driver's seat has a couple of blemishes you can find in the pic. The ACS Wheel is original with no rips or loose stitching. The ACS shift knob is slightly faded but you can still see the ACS logo. Interior seals replaced include driver, and passenger.

Mechanical: I've put close to 12k into the car in the past two years making sure it's up to date with proper maintenance and upgrades. Timing Belt was done at 40k and most recently at 62k along with water pump, coolant flush and new tie rods. The transmission swap included all new seals, rod and shifter bushings. Other work includes motor mounts, full power steering rebuild, axel boots, and more. For a full list see blow.

Full list of maintenance / upgrades:

Maintenance:
                                Oil Change every 3000 miles.
                                New front brake lines
                                5 Speed Manual Swap
                                Getrag 260 Input Shaft Seal 9.10 9.10T
                                Getrag 260 Output Shaft Seal 18.26 18.26T
                                Getrag 260 Transmission Selector Seal 2.80 2.80T
                                OE BMW Foam Selector Rod Bushing 2.57 2.57T
                                CRP E30 Early Model CSB 18.20 18.20T
                                Delrin round Carrier Shifter Bushings
                                Valve Adjustment
                                Fuel Pump
                                M20 Motor Mount
                                M20 Oil Pan Gasket
                                Cohline Power Steering Suction Hose
                                Cohline Power Steering Return Hose
                                BMW Powersteering Reservoir
                                Bosch Premium Battery

Seals / Trim
                                Convertible Top Left & Right Gasket
                                Convertible Rear Left & Right Weather Strip
                                Convertible Door Seals Left and Right
                                Convertible Boot Seal
                                Convertible folding top trim left & right
                                Door Weather Strip Rear Inner Left / Right
                                Door Weather Strip Rear Outter Left / Right
                                Convertible Full Door Weather Strip Front Inner Left / Right
                                Tail Light Gaskets
                                Windshielf Molding - Black
                                Windshield Mold Clip -Schwarz
                                Windshield Cowl Grille Left & Right

Cosmetic:
                                Euro Bumper Conversion w/ Euro Grille, Fogs, Rear Plate Filler
                                ACS Replica Early Front Bumper
                                ACS Cabrio Side Skirts
                                ACS Early Rear Bumper
                                ACS Steering Wheel
                                ACS Early Shift Knob
                                E30 Head Cupholder
                                E30 Euro Convertible Floor Mats
                                Hard Top
                                BMW Front Sunshade
                                BMW Convertible Rear Sunshade
                                BMW Convertible Windscreen
                                Rear Cardinal Headrests

Wheels / Suspension:
                                16x7 AC Schnitzer Type 1 Wheels 4x100 (Powder Coated grey / silver by Renewed Finishes)
                                H&R Sport Springs
                                Bilstein Sport Shocks
                                Garagistic X-Brace
                                Inner / Outter Axle Boots

Exhaust:
                                MagnaFlow SS C/B 87-91 BMW Single Rear Exit (Custom length to clear ACS Rear Bumper)

What the car may need:
                                The top was not replaced under my mine or the previous owners care. The top does not leak but has a small tear on the outer fabric. Original paint is 7/10 up close.

What comes with the asking price:
                                Original Steering Wheel
                                Hardtop
                                Rear Windscreen

I can provide CarFax and additional pictures upon request.

Comment

Working...
                                X