Insurance. Getting fair value for your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beastolizer View Post
    This is most likely the road I'm going to have to take I'm starting to think
    It was worth it for me -- they wanted to value my car at $2700-ish. List everything you have. The appraiser bumped the value for slotted rotors. No matter how insignificant it is to you, it's worth listing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
      Have your receipts for the parts/mods you've installed, and hire an appraiser. State farm recognizes my car to be worth 8k, they hired their own appraiser to come look at the car.
      Problem is, if you get hook up parts, like my Koni shocks, hooked up, grand for all four, brand new.

I don't have any recepits for em'

Comment

Put market value for them. A lot of parts I didn't have receipts for, so I showed what it would cost to purchase them at market price. I didn't have any issues with it.

You're showing the insurance company what it would cost to replace your car if it were totalled tomorrow.

Comment

i only got 1850 for my M52 swapped 318is in MINT condition with 6500 in paint alone... so just say ur back and neck hurt like HELL and ur good
          sigpic
          ^Back in the game^
          BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
          FS thread:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

^ you got raped.

i got $3100 for my eta that i paid $1300 7 months prior. state farm. other guy was at fault.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

yea i got fucked bad! i was so pissed i paid to get the red book value and it gave me 8600 plus everything on mine was brand new so i HAD to buy it back

this is what mine looked like...

when i tore her apart..

and B4

yea i got fucked.
              sigpic
              ^Back in the game^
              BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
              FS thread:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                ^ you got raped.

i got $3100 for my eta that i paid $1300 7 months prior. state farm. other guy was at fault.
                Makes me feel better. I got into an accident in my eta last week and the other guy was at fault, which he has State Farm as well. Hopefully, I'll get lucky like you!

Originally posted by bloodshot-e30 View Post
                yea i got fucked bad! i was so pissed i paid to get the red book value and it gave me 8600 plus everything on mine was brand new so i HAD to buy it back

this is what mine looked like...

when i tore her apart..

and B4

yea i got fucked.
                Looks pretty much like what happened to me. Hurt like hell afterwards.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Originally posted by bloodshot-e30 View Post
                  i only got 1850 for my M52 swapped 318is in MINT condition with 6500 in paint alone... so just say ur back and neck hurt like HELL and ur good
                  I have been. Going to a chiropractor right now for neck/upper back pain. No, I'm not some low life just pretending to have pain though just to get money, I actually have had pain and headaches.

They started out at $1k compensation for the "pain/suffering" as she called it. She kept repeating to me over and over again that if I give her legit reasons for her to give me more, she is more than willing to negotiate. It would be safe to say she is getting a phone call in a few days with an update on my injury.
                  '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
                  '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
                  '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

Working...
                  X