Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Slaying" the Dragon (Tail of the Dragon, M20, and Alfa Romeo GTV6 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Slaying" the Dragon (Tail of the Dragon, M20, and Alfa Romeo GTV6 content)

so, a buddy and i recently did the tail of the dragon and other local area roads and had a freakin' ball. this is what we documented along the way.

enjoy.

short video we made:

his write-up of the experience here: http://www.automobiliac.com/automobi...-con-brio.html
    my write-up here: http://motoringconbrio.com/2011/07/2...-of-the-dragon

E46t

Great video!! That GTV6 engine sound is nice.
    sigpic

Comment

how busy was it? I have a cabin booked on the first week of august. It's only 10 min. from the tail(Two Sister's Chalet). I'll be ther August 4-7. Speaking of which, if anyone would like to join, there is group(10-20) of us going. we have the cabin booked from August 2nd-7th. byos but should only be 15-40 per person to stay.

Originally posted by Ryan...
      It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

man i love the front end of that alfa ur e30 looks good too:up:

Comment

I can't say how refreshing it is to see a well-written article posted on the internet these days. Never the less 2 of them! Excellent job, especially focusing on some of the less popular routes I have yet to take.

Comment

Great vid, pics, and article! Cars are on spot too. But the way you steer worries me, the way you cross your arms when you steer could cause a wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwing66 View Post
              Great vid, pics, and article! Cars are on spot too. But the way you steer worries me, the way you cross your arms when you steer could cause a wreck.
              9 and 3 is standard high performance driving school technique, it is basically infallible -- all the more so because i don't have an airbag steering wheel.

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                how busy was it? I have a cabin booked on the first week of august.
                not terribly busy. weekends much worse than weekdays, obviously. also, the earlier you set out, the better off you are. every hour you can get a head start helps.

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                  how busy was it? I have a cabin booked on the first week of august. It's only 10 min. from the tail(Two Sister's Chalet). I'll be ther August 4-7. Speaking of which, if anyone would like to join, there is group(10-20) of us going. we have the cabin booked from August 2nd-7th. byos but should only be 15-40 per person to stay.
                  Im down! If you guys are going to be in NC, my favorite local road is US 64/74...follow 74 when it splits heading west. just past chimney rock heading west through bat cave it gets amazing, crazy turns and switchback after switchback for a while and then opens to a mile long straightaway heading into Fairview, my favorite stretch of pavement ive ever driven on and luckily only about 30 miles from home.

Comment

Damn where the hell did he find a GTV6!?
                    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                    Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thirty View Post
                      Damn where the hell did he find a GTV6!?
                      craigslist, ebay, alfa forum... they are around, and for about the price of an e30.

E46t

Comment

I absoluty have to do this before I die.

88 325iS(Cam'ed m20)
                        P2 S60 Daily
                        IG: @ratherbefisting

Comment

Originally posted by undergroundhead View Post
                          Im down! If you guys are going to be in NC, my favorite local road is US 64/74...follow 74 when it splits heading west. just past chimney rock heading west through bat cave it gets amazing, crazy turns and switchback after switchback for a while and then opens to a mile long straightaway heading into Fairview, my favorite stretch of pavement ive ever driven on and luckily only about 30 miles from home.
                          we'll probably be on Cherohola Skyway one of the days. It's usually a must everytime we go. this is our 5th annual gtg but I havent been in 3 years. mix of cars. Last time we were on Cherohola, a guy dropped a buell when one of his forks snapped mid-turn and he hit the guard rail. His shoulder was all fucked up and we hauled his ass back into town(we had a toyota Xrunner with us). shoot me a pm and I'll give you my number. call me between the 4-7 is you want to meet up.

Originally posted by Ryan...
                          It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Cool vid...nice cars.

And did you actually flinch at a squirrel or whatever that was running across the road @ 1:49? It's either you or him that'll be a greasy spot on the road, which do you prefer?
                            -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDE View Post
                              Cool vid...nice cars.

And did you actually flinch at a squirrel or whatever that was running across the road @ 1:49? It's either you or him that'll be a greasy spot on the road, which do you prefer?
                              neither of us ended up as a greasy spot, so not sure what you're talking about. if i can avoid him and can see that there's no oncoming traffic and that i have enough run-off, why wouldn't i?

E46t

Comment

Working...
                              X