Yard Find e30 320i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yard Find e30 320i

So i was browsing a local junk yard today and i came across a e30 320i that looks to have been imported. Looks like they added side markers to the rear quarters & front bumpers, so it probably had euro bumpers.

it seemed like a rare find. the guy said he would take $600 for it. i am not sure it is worth it (no decklid, bumper, steering wheel.....) he did say there was $2000 put into the motor before the car was stolen.
    thought?
    Last edited by jcboal; 08-19-2011, 03:12 PM.

Assuming the motor is still there, snag it!

We once came up on on... Regret not pulling the wheel/seats to this day. The car itself looked decent besides obvious signs of having sat for a while.
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Bumpers are worth around that. If the engine is there and the bumpers aren't rusted or missing too many parts it's definitely worth it.

Edit: Just re-read the post, unless there's something on the car that you need I wouldn't bother if the bumpers are gone.
      Last edited by Roysneon; 08-19-2011, 01:52 PM. Reason: reading comprehension.
      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
      Originally posted by mbonanni
      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Im assuming its a germany spec one. If it has an engine I would snag it for $600.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
          Bumpers are worth around that. If the engine is there and the bumpers aren't rusted or missing too many parts it's definitely worth it.

I dont think the bumpers are on it, if I read it right.

Comment

No bumpers.

i need to double check and try to determine where it came from.

any suggestions on how to do that?

Comment

Should upload some pictures ;) I'd start by looking in the engine bay, there should be a plate stating where it was made.

Comment

good call on the build plate

i forgot my camera when i went & looked at it. i may run back out there tonight and take some pics.

Comment

if its missing the bumpers and the engine... well... not much of a euro e30 is it?
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

the engine is there.

the car was stolen & when he got it back the bumpers & decklid were gone. the engine is still in it

Comment

200 max
                      My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

sounds like a parts car. what ever it would bring for scrap price would be best. and who would even want that engine... id offer 150-200 maybe...

1992 BMW 325iC
                        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

the more i read about the m20b20 i agree.

i was going to trade him a '73 porsche 914 parts car for it, but i don't think it is worth my time

Comment

Agreed, better to move on
                            Originally posted by BAlbertiX
                            your my boy blue!

Comment

so i went to go look at the car again and it is actually a German built 2.3. i found a receipt for a custom engine management computer in the car. there is also a crack free dash to go with the car

i am more inclined to trade for it now. i only have $350 in the Porsche

Comment

Working...
                              X