Smaller washer reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smaller washer reservoir

Anybody swap to a smaller tank? What did you switch to?

I practically never use my washer jets, but there's always that off chance on a highway somewhere that I might need them so I'm not comfortable fully deleting the system. I've been keeping an eye out for nice tanks in other cars but I figured I'd ask around here and see if anyone else has done this yet.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

You could always just get an aftermarket external pump and then modify something like an aluminum water bottle or something. Get creative. Either that, or just go walk around the junkyard until you find something you like.

Comment

We have universal ones at NAPA, there is one that i've been looking at, about the same height but a quarter the size. But I might just do the delete, I keep a liter of distilled water in the trunk for emergencies, I can always pull over and use that to clean the windshield if I really need to.
      sigpic

Comment

You want to take it out for aesthetics?

The iX one is smaller and fits up in the battery tray.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
          We have universal ones at NAPA, there is one that i've been looking at, about the same height but a quarter the size. But I might just do the delete, I keep a liter of distilled water in the trunk for emergencies, I can always pull over and use that to clean the windshield if I really need to.
          Ever caught a windshield full of salt/sand slush in the winter? Shit don't come off with the wipers alone, it's a scary moment when going fast on the highway.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
            You want to take it out for aesthetics?

The iX one is smaller and fits up in the battery tray.
            Yeah for aesthetics, I'm trying to remove as much unnecessary stuff as possible. The iX is the best solution I've come up with so far, though some Audi's have a nice little square concentrated reserve tank that tucks near the firewall too.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Would u use the pump from the new bottle? Or reuse the e30 pump?

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                Yeah for aesthetics, I'm trying to remove as much unnecessary stuff as possible. The iX is the best solution I've come up with so far, though some Audi's have a nice little square concentrated reserve tank that tucks near the firewall too.
                LOL what else have you found under the hood thats unnecessary?
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I'm interested in this as well. Also wanna find a place to put my damn coolant reservoir since i have the early model.

I love clean engine bays, but like you I still want to be able to clean my windshield without manual labor.
                  -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
                    Ever caught a windshield full of salt/sand slush in the winter? Shit don't come off with the wipers alone, it's a scary moment when going fast on the highway.
                    What is a winter?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                      LOL what else have you found under the hood thats unnecessary?
                      Power steering fluid reservoir (haven't used mine in years), diagnostic port (lolreally?), engine lift tab, some dealer installed alarm BS, massive washer tank and the coil being mounted way up on the fender.

Looking at radiators with integrated reservoirs too.

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                      Would u use the pump from the new bottle? Or reuse the e30 pump?
                      Yeah I'd probably use the new pump unless the E30 one somehow magically fit.
                      Last edited by Raxe; 08-20-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                        Power steering fluid reservoir (haven't used mine in years), diagnostic port (lolreally?), engine lift tab, some dealer installed alarm BS, massive washer tank and the coil being mounted way up on the fender.

Looking at radiators with integrated reservoirs too.
                        To add a few to this:
                        The plastic separator pieces behind the headlights
                        Cruise control stuff
                        All the AC stuff
                        Replace AFM with MAF
                        Tuck/relocate wiring
                        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

I should post my engine bay, you gents would like

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                            Dont tease us like that. Post damnit!!
                            Also, I wouldnt delete the power steering fluid reservoir.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

If you haven't already, buy a M3 firewall cover. Looks clean.

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                              yeah, you should!
                              -Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X